Where's The Tight Bottom End?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stash49 said:
4x12-the only way to fly. Start pumping a little iron, you know-work on those lats.

i lugged around a 4x12 (100+ lb) mesa cab around for years with no problem..... i can also lift a lot more weight than most people i know or people i've played with (which usually led to me lugging their heavier stuff around)..... but to me forums like this are for getting good information from a variety of sources and walks of life..... while i agree a 4x12 does the job, totally ignoring any other way to get the job done sucks for people who dont know any better or any different

I agree with you %100! I've tried everthing, and jsut went back to the 4x12. I going to buy another and just leave it the band trailer. I'm still have A LOT to learn. A friend of mine slipped a disk by lugging a round his 4x12. After about eight surgeries, all you ever see him with now is a teeny tiny studio 22. It's amazing-nearly every guitar player I like uses a 4x12. Nothing else seems to really deliver the sound I want live.

i felt the same way until for a while about a 4x12 which is why i dealt with the weight for so long..... its very easy with a good 4x12 to get a killer tone..... BUT..... when i down sized my rig to a vetta combo and a 2x12 basson cab i started to realize i was missing out on a lot..... while the basson is very remincent of my mesa cabs in the past, the open back of the vetta combo added a bigger spectrum of frequencies i was missing out of my 4x12..... so when i got my roadster i started experiementing with different types of 2x12 cabs that were different than my basson.... open backs, 3/4 open backs, and finally i found ported/vented cabs and was blown away..... with the right design and the right speakers you can easily achieve the volume and punch of a 4x12 and get the wider spectrum of tone do to the ports/vents.... plus the bass responce of a ported/vented cab is so killer and that responce is missing in a 4x12 closed back because the speakers get choked..... so like i said before.... a 4x12 is always a great way to go, but there are many many more options that could be a better fit for a person...... plus did i mention many of the 2x12 ported/vented cabs weigh between 35-50 lbs and give you the volume and tone of a 4x12?

Latest posts

Back