where can I find mesa tolex?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the input guys... I'm looking for the blue mesa lonestar tolex in particular. I saw a close looking blue in there somewhere but before I get some I want to make sure its exact

Hey:

I too have been looking for some sources for matches to some Mesa tolex (and like 'eschill388'... the LSC Blue in particular).

It 'looks like' some good possible matches on these sites...(Thanks 'kiss my axe'...and 'RR')....but...'eschill388'... you absolutely MUST have them send you a small sample before ordering!

I saw what looked like a 'possible match' recently on eBay. I contacted them to send me a little sample. I got it today and it isn't even close. There was absolutely no way I could have used it. I would have been out a nice 'chunk of change' if I had ordered based upon an internet picture.

Regards: Charles

what was this color (colour for the UKer's) called back in the day?

subgroup.gif

Greetings:

'Tubes and More/Antique Electronic Supply', www.tubesandmore.com (which someone has already mentioned) has a perfect match to the tolex you are seeking. I know this for a fact as I have bought and used some on a speaker cabinet for my Lone Star.

Their catalog number is: S-G446 'Navy Blue Bronco'. It is an EXACT match to the Mesa Blue Bronco as found on the Lone Star Classic. It is 54-inches wide. You purchase the length you need at $19.95 a yard.(plus shipping)

Best of luck with your 'project'. Charles

Me Again:

Forgot to mention.

For those who might be interested: www.tubesandmore.com also has a match for the 'cocoa' and the 'tan' tolex as found on the Lone Star Special.

Charles

thanks charles!!!

you saved me some time.

ill trust you on this one and go ahead and get the navy blue

I too have been looking for some of the navy blue tolex for getting a cabinet re-covered to match my Lonestar Classic. I was excited to find this thread and Mr Reeder's suggestion however on going to the site there is no sign on S-G446 'Navy Blue Bronco' at all :(

I've emailed them to ask if they've got any/will be getting any more. In the meantime I've also found the following (http://www.guitarengineeringltd.com/navy-blue-bronco-tolex-54-wide.html) however they too are out of stock, and of course we don't know if it's the exact right shade without obtaining a sample for comparison.

It seems that navy blue bronco tolex is incredibly difficult to get hold of at the moment!

"Tubesandmore.com" just got back to me. The tolex "S-G446" (navy blue bronco) is no longer available.

The search continues!

Wow. tubesandmore has great prices on tolex.

Does anyone know where to get MESA's Jute grills besides MojoSupplys and Vibroworld. Prices are quite high. Vibroword sometime post he would be available for some time so I don't know how reliable he is.

Latest posts

Back