When was series 2 Recto-Verb released

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarchris76

Reaction score
I may be getting a Recto-Verb and want to know if it is a series 2 or not. What are the differences?

Hi,

I believe version 1 has the reverb control in the back, version 2 has the reverb control in the front.

Most out on the market are probably version 2
Enjoy !
jkm

I think the most important and obvious difference is that version #1 doesn't have a bias switch.

I have a series 2 combo and they can sound like a monster. You will need to change the tubes out though. I've had mine now for almost 2 years and just now put some kt 77's in there are new pre-amps. It sounds totally different but in a good way! They are a good buy. Does anyone happen to know who can build custom heads? I want to take mine out of the combo and play it through vintage 30's. Thanks

Not sure when the series 2 was released but the easiest way to tell the difference is the modes. The Series 1 was 4 modes; Clean, Pushed, Vintage, Modern. Series 2 has the addition of Raw. One the back Series 1 was straight up 6L6, Series 2 added a bias select for EL34 operation if desired.

There was a channel switching latency on the series 1 I think they corrected in on Series 2. Never heard of these amps popping like the Roadster though.

+1 on changing the tubes out. I ran JJ 6L6's in the power section and GT silver series in the preamp. One of the best tube combos I've used in any amp to date. Instead of cutting it into a head (unless your tired of lugging the 70lbs combo) pick a Rectifer 2x12, you can fins them for about $350 used. I loved the combo of the Black Shadow with the 2 V30's.

Great amp, should never have sold it.

There is no popping or latency in the channelswitching of my series #1.

Latest posts

Back