Whats your favorite Boogie!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i liked everything about the 3 channel rectos except the popping in the channel selecting(only happened when first turned on), but i sold it. now the tremverb 2x12 i now have is amazing. it carries it's weight. hands down a very versitile amp. tones from srv to metallica, anything you want. that's my take.

I've got a nice collection of Boogies and I've gottten to know them quite well (Studio .22+combo, MKII combo, MKIIC combo, MKIVA combo, 2 Simulclass Satellites combos(1 hard wood), DC 10 head & combo, Heartbreaker head & combo , 3 Thiele cabs w/EV's, open back 1-12 EV, 4-12 3\4 back cab, 2 1-12 rectifier cabs(green suede). My vote is for the DC 10. If I could only have 1 it would be the DC 10. 8) 8) :D

There you go...

I remember hearing that from some friends from the UK.

Nomad 55 4x10 Jensens w/high gain ECC83S's in the pre V1,2 and 3 and 6L6s from JJ. This beast does everything I ask. Amazing cleans and the best dirt I've heard.

I really like the Stiletto because it produces tones that other branches in the Mesa family don't. A friend of mine said that he thought I'd love the Stiletto because it didn't sound like a DR/TR or like the old DC-5 I used to have. That's not a slam at all against people who like those amps, but I just prefer something different.

JOEY B. said:
My favorite boogie is all these amps hooked to one guitar. :twisted:

DSC01032.jpg

This started as a joke, and turned into a reality. I have no "favorite" Boogie, even though I've twisted knobs on my MkI for nearly two decades. This is a year-old picture of the Boogie shootout with Jay's(Boogie board member) and my amps. It was very a interesting day. They all have their "sweet spot" and the challenge is to find it. If money is no object, get a multi amp switcher and enjoy the best of ALL worlds. :D

The Savoy Brown Boogie
10 to 1 NOBODY on this board know what I'm talkin about.

93 or 94 DR (2ch) and 88 Marshall 2550 (Jubilee)
Les Paul or Die. (Don't tell'em bout the Tele)

The Savoy Brown Boogie
10 to 1 NOBODY on this board know what I'm talkin about.

come on then let us into the secret,although boogiebabies will probably have a good bash at it!!! :)

"What's your favorite Boogie"
"come on then let us into the secret,although boogiebabies will probably have a good bash at it!!! "

It's a joke.
One that ya probably gotta be at least 50 years old to understand .
That would be me.
Just thought I'd see if theres any other geezers on this board.

Too old to rock??? - tag the link in my sig and decide for yerself.

From Wikipedia
(I bought this record when it was new btw)

One of the earliest of British blues bands, SAVOY BROWN (with founder guitarist and longtime member Kim Simmonds at the helm) helped launch the UK blues/rock movement that paved the way for such acts as Led Zeppelin.

The band recorded their first singles for Mike Vernon's Purdah label in 1966 and quickly followed up with the landmark album Shakedown. Singer Chris Youlden joined the band in 1968 and many classic records appeared with songs such as "I'm Tired" and "Louisiana Blues" becoming radio staples. Blues/rock and boogie music always was the band's calling card and they captured, forever, the spirit of the music on the live side of A Step Further ( 1969) with a twenty minute boogie
The Savoy Brown Boogie" dedicated to fans in Detroit.

I get it

Better by now is fuckin rockin,you know have a new scottish fan :),I will add you guys very soon

some great playin man

still rockin when your 50 is my own personal goal!!!!,rockin hard is even beeter :twisted: :twisted:

keep that **** up man,the rest of the tracks are real good as well,the band Im workin in atr the moment sound kinnda like yopu guys,we are all 18,19,20

thats pretty cool

If it's too loud - yer too young...

BTW - Back on topic.
2 ch DR is my Fave.

EL34's - Tube Rectifier(GZ34) - SPONGY setting.
Marshall 1960A W/ 2 - v30'S AND 2 - 25w Greenbacks in XY configuration.

I've also modified the cabinet to a "halfback" configuration
meaning that it now has a horizontal baffle and the lower
half of the cab closed only - leaving the top 2 speakers in a
"open" back configuration. I have an expanded metal grill on
back to protect the top 2 speaks. This gives me a closed
back lower half to mike and an open back top half that allows
you to hear on small stages at reasonable volumes.

I thing MESA used to offer a panel type construction to do this,
Randall also.

Anyway
Time to Boogie:)
ROCK THE **** ON GENTLEMEN

Dual Recs for me, especially the early ones like mine. Everyone seems to think MKIV's are the best Mesas out there but I really didn't think it was a good as everyone makes it out to be.

Boogiebabies said:
Fags are cigarrettes.

No kidding! I used to fag all the time till I came here :D :D I've quit now so no more fagging 8)

Now I find "Fanny packs" and "Fannie Mae" to be rather interesting...

Latest posts

Back