What's the best Speaker Cab for a Mesa Stiletto ..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greggmetal

Reaction score
A few weeks I bought a Mesa Stiletto Deuce Head, I'm enjoying it very much. I wanted to replace my Marshall TSL, but ended up keeping both

Right now I playing my Stiletto with a Marshall Cab 4x12 1960AV with Celestions V30's, and it's great. But still thinking how it would sound with a Mesa cab, I would like to try the Road King 4x12 cab, check it out:

Road King Rectifier Cabinets

Has anybody tried different combinations of Stiletto with some other cabs?, how about with Peavey 5150 cabs or the Triple XXX ...

:)

Mesa intended them to be run with the Traditional Recto cab. Don't know how much of a difference it would make over the Marshall.

My stelitto runs through a 4 12 traditional recto cab. Produces a tab more girth or low end then the 1960av. Better quality wood, is the reason, but whether i would buy it when i have a 1960 cab is debatable. Rest assured that it does sound great in a trad. recto with the 4 v30's.

I called Mesa Boogie to ask for a dealer where to test cabs. They suggested a dealer in Petaluma CA, where they are also located, name is Sound Zone, so ne of these days I'll take a trip there to test at least acouple of the Recto cabs, the Standard and the traditional.

Asked them also about the sound of the Stiletto with the Road King Cabs., they it's not very good, sounds very bassy and flabby (not sure of the spelling here), so they wouldn't advice that cab for me. They say the best it's the Recto standard is the best, this cab is the big cab. But I read the magazine reviews, and they say sound better with the Traditional, which it's the same size as the Marshal Cabs.

Abot testing other cabs with the amp, like the Dr Z or Peavey, it's ging to be difficult, since I'll have to take my amp to the stores, and sometimes they don't even have the products .... we'll see about this .... unless I find a friend who would allow me to test it. :)

Back