What speaker instead of V30?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borisson

Reaction score
Hi,
i play the 2x12 recto vertical box with 2 V30 but want try a mixed setup. What would you suggest?
Thanks

Are the V30 speakers in the 2x12 recto vertical 8 ohm or 16 ohm?
I dont have the cab at home so i can not check. Thanks

i replaced the celestion vintage 30 with warehouse guitar speaker veteran 30's(had the for about a month now) they are well broken in!!!! love them!!!! at moderate and gig volume this thing blosoom into this thick sound (compare to vintage 30, there is less upper mids also the highs are smoother with tigh bass)

there are lots of choices out there

thanks
i want to keep the V30 in bottom, the top speaker should have less treble.
iv checked the eminence legend but i can only find the 8 ohm one. I assume the 2 V30 are 16 ohm wired in parallel = 8 ohm

yeah they should be 16 ohm speakers... since traditionally people don't use 4 ohms, which would be the only other way to get an 8 ohm load from 2 speakers... (there is no way to double or half 2 - 8 ohm speakers to make 8) so it should be the 2 - 16 in parallel to make 8.

Would the CELESTION G12H-30-16 70th anniversary good choice?
It is 30 Watt speaker, is that going to be fine together with V30 considering the power handling?
thanks

Oh, with a 2x12, I might go with something else than a G12H30 unless you are sure you'll never be playing very loud.

thanks man,
i think i will wait until the speakers break in a bit...
i used to have a road king 2 with 2x12 roadking box, the 2x12 vertical projects the sound quite different, you get more treble coming out as the top is angled, and there are 2 V30 anyway instead of V30+C90...

I had a mix of v30 and G12h30 in my Avatar 2-12.. swapped them for G12t-100's. They're a good, neutral speaker, I'm happy with them.

I'd like to try a 4-12 with g12h30's though...

TimeSignature said:
C90 - Black Shadow. Much less trebley/ shrilly/ fuzzy especially at high volumes than a V30

That's what I was going to suggest. I would think that a C90 and a V30 would pair up great.

Been wanting to try that combo in my 4x12 for a long time.

Ok, I just bought a used vert. 2-12 from my other guitarist in my band. It has the mc90s in it. I've played 2 gigs with it and haven't been able to get a decent sound that I liked. It sounds like the tone is lost somewhere in the cab and I can't get it to come out, if that makes any sense. Its a decent sound but it doesn't POP out like it should. So I slapped one of my WELL worn v30s outta my 94 Tremoverb combo in to the top spot in the vert 2x12 and bingo,out pops some upper mids that were missing! The cab came to life! I'm still not sure I'm gonna keep the other c90 or not. I have some Eminence Private Jacks that I love in a 4x12 and maybe ill gig on the current set up and then switch out the c90 for the private jack and see where that sits with me. Just thought id post my experience with the speakers I have and hopefully it helps, especially because its coming from the opposite end (c90 to v30). Btw I'm not playing metal with this rig (mk V into vert 2x12) I use my tremoverb thru my 4x12 with 2 private jacks and 2 g75t celestions in an x pattern and it rules for newer hard rock/ metal!

So im going to swap the top V30 either with Eminence Cannabis Rex or EVM 12L?

what do you think? I want to reduce the treble coming from the cab.

thanks

i can dime the treble and put the presence up half way without getting an unpleasant tone.. enough said!

so, tried the emi c-rex in the top of the cab yesterday but its still too bright. Will have to go darker for the top, the emi goes to the bottom than.

Latest posts

Back