What preamps are you guys using........

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm running the Prophesy 2 into the normal input on the Mesa 2x100. It is an awesome combo. The sound of the 2x100 is nothing short of spectacular. Its a very tight and responsive power amp and it shapes the tone wonderfully! I used to run my Prophesy 2 into a Mesa Dual Rect and this sounds even better. The 2x100 is a monster power amp with way more head room than I'll probably use but its very nice having that!

The only down side is that it takes 8 6L6 tubes and 3 12ax7 pre-amp tubes. You don't really ever have to change the pre-amp tubes as they are never really pushed hard with high gain but when you change out the others, it gets expensive. You only have to do that like once a year though so its no big deal.

As far as the Prophesy 2 goes, its the best processor I have ever heard period...
The tone is so thick, you could walk on it. :)

Rocktron Prophesy II---->Mesa 20:20 (Mostly for Cleans)
(2) Triaxis-------------->Mesa 2:90 (Mostly for Rhy & Lead)
ENGL E530-------------> Mesa 2:90 (Mostly for Extra Tone Sculpture)

I have other things in my rack...I'll take pics and post'em.

I have:

Mesa Rectifier Preamp
Mesa Stereo 2:Fifty
Lexicon MPX-100 (looking forward to G-major)
BBE Sonic Maximizer (don't if I need one anymore...)

into Marshall JCM900 1960 4x12" cabinet

I had Marshall JMP-1 for years, finally sold it and bought Rectifier Preamp. Cleans are superior to JMP-1, but for the lead sound something is missing? I haven't really tried it at our rehearsal space with 4x12's so I can't say for sure... but first tests at home with Blackheart 1x12" cabinet showed need to maybe use my Tubescreamer as a boost for solos.. I don't know I should have bought Triaxis instead, but Mesas are so high priced here in Finland, that I hadn't enough euros... I miss MIDI, but perhaps TC G-major helps with switching channels and EQ'ing lead sound.. time will tell..

Latest posts

Back