What preamps are you guys using........

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strategy500

Reaction score
with your Mesa Amps??

I've been using a JMP-1 with a Stratgy 500 for quite some years. I like the tones I get, but I've been toying around with the idea of replacing the JMP-1 with a CAE3+se possibly. I think the JMP has some pretty good crunch sounds, but the cleans leave plenty to be desired. So just out of curiosity, what do you use in your rigs?

Triaxis into a Simul-Class 2:NINETY into a marshall 1960a in stereo.

For effects I run a TC Electronics G-Force in the effects loop as well as some foot pedals before the TA.

studio + 100 watt 6L6GC powered carvin valvemaster power amp section into either a carvin legacy 4X12, avatar 2X12 or earcandy buzz bomb.

Still saving for either a 50/50 or strategy 395 <- still unsure which poweramp to get though...

V-twin rackmount into a 20/20.
Quad into a 50/50 (haven't used this in years).

I bought mesa boogie studio, but I havent still got it.
What would be good power amp for that?

rabies said:
JMP-1 + G MAJOR + MARK IV = my sick rig

I'm looking into shorter patch cables for the rack (right now they're 10 feet long!)

Rabies.......I would seriously consider building your own cables from Mogami 2524 cable with swithcraft connectors. Not only will the shorter cables reduce the noise in your rig, but it makes it look so much nicer and clean looking. Plus you will save a bundle. I think I only paid about $50 for 40ft of cable and a few dozen connectors. Works great for guitar cables too, if you have any left over.

JMP-1 + Peavey Valverb (incredible) + 50/50 + two 1X12 Mesa Recto

Looking to change preamp. I'm torn up between Quad or Triaxis as I need versatility, and midi capabilities without breaking my back with a heavy rack.

Will also change the 50/50 for a VHT 2502 with KT77.

Jmp-1 = Noise Machine, and 50/50 has a little too much noise, plus the fan makes you think your neighbor is mowing his lawn.

ENGL e530 (modded for more gain and lowend). And selfmade third channel of a CAE3+ that doesn't work yet.
All through my mesa mark III.

I've got a Quad+50/50 and a formula pre+tube works 4250, they are both awsome. I especially love the formula pre it has the most variety of sounds of any preamp I've ever seen, from pristeen clean to untold distortion, awsome!! tt

Latest posts

Back