What made the IIC+ so great?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam02

Reaction score
I'm thinking about selling my mark IV for one.

And could someone please tell me what the "105" transformer was?

What options are more desireable.

Thanks very much.

well..

the 105 tranny was the biggest power tranny that the c+ could come with..bigger tranny bigger head room..

Eq is a must ,silmi class makes it sound alot sweeter, reverb is good only if you want to use reverb..

I thought it was the Output transformer that affected head room no?

If you use your MkIV for a "gigging" amp that needs on-the-fly tone changes, you might want to put some thought into this. The C+ has many (not just heavy distorted) tones in it. The deal is that these sounds cannot be found by just the push of a footswitch. It would be a great studio amp because then you have the opportunity to tweak the different tones to your liking. When you find "your tone" on one of these monsters, it is a life changing event :shock: .

JOEY B. said:
If you use your MkIV for a "gigging" amp that needs on-the-fly tone changes, you might want to put some thought into this. The C+ has many (not just heavy distorted) tones in it. The deal is that these sounds cannot be found by just the push of a footswitch. It would be a great studio amp because then you have the opportunity to tweak the different tones to your liking. When you find "your tone" on one of these monsters, it is a life changing event :shock: .

Thats why you have several iic+'s :p

I'm actually trying to buy one too; I wonder how frustrating the waiting game will be

Shep said:
well..

the 105 tranny was the biggest power tranny that the c+ could come with..bigger tranny bigger head room..

Eq is a must ,silmi class makes it sound alot sweeter, reverb is good only if you want to use reverb..

EQ is a must? Why would that be in your opinion? I have a Simul C+ without it and was briefly considering an upgrade, but it sounds plenty sweet as-is. Are you recommending the EQ only for copping the MOP and DT stuff or something? Z

105 tranny allows for the tightest riffing you can imagine...there is very little, if any, sag produced by this tranny, equating into tight beastly riffs. smaller trannies typically equate into sag which equate into less tightness. however, the audible differences are certainly not noticeable to the untrained ear.

C+ is special becuase there exists very few of them and because the tone is the sweetest thing you could ever hear. it's like angels singing and then you beat down on it and its like demons fighting. the creaminess, dynamic response, attack, clarity...everything about it is beautiful

Zoner said:
Shep said:
well..

EQ is a must? Why would that be in your opinion? I have a Simul C+ without it and was briefly considering an upgrade, but it sounds plenty sweet as-is. Are you recommending the EQ only for copping the MOP and DT stuff or something? Z

Well it's a must if you want to do anything heavy that requres that V mid scoop,smooth jazz or a mid base marshally type tone..both my mk's have Eq's and i think they are one of the things that makes the mk's So good.. It's also a really good tool for tailoring your own sound.. a simul c+ with out eq is still a wonderfully good amp.. getting a out board Eq and running it thought Fx loop is just as good as the real thing..

i am not saying that you can't get those tone's with out the Eq.. I am just saying that it help's get them alot easier and well better.. thats why people pay $400 ? don't remeber how much to upgrade to the Eq...

I don't think the "magic" of a IIC+ has anything to do with *any* specific component like a "105" tranny or the graphic EQ *or* simul-class!
If it was then a IIC+ without one of these components would not have this great tone would it? My current IIC+ does not have the 105 tranny (has the 100) and it sounds glorious! I had another one without the EQ and it too sound fantastic and it's definitately not because of the simulclass either.

What made the IIC+ so great? I don't think there will be a definitive answer to this question because when I asked Mike Bendinelli this same question he himself said he did not know for sure ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IIC-Guitar-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ330109736473QQihZ014QQcategoryZ43374QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thats one hell of an amp..

105 tranny, str 415's, Eq , Rev, 60/100 ..nice custom colour..matching cab with Ev speaker ..Road case!

Very nice..

carloc80 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IIC-Guitar-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ330109736473QQihZ014QQcategoryZ43374QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What is the difference in this one and a IIC+ ?

Finnster said:
carloc80 said:

What is the difference in this one and a IIC+ ?
The title of the auction says C but then he specifies it's a C+... you can see a "+" mark above the power cord, even if everyone could have written it... it seems strange that a person who has got a C+ (and does know it) writes just MarkIIC in the title of the auction, since C+s has got so much value today. However, I think that more than likely it's an original C+...

It's funny you should mention that , the product description seemed a little weird for a 2c+ owner too .

Anyone have a guess on what this will sell for? What is the current market on these? I was going to wait for the MK V or buy a IV but this one looks like a killer amp.

Sending out bat signal....

Looks like a job for Boogiebabies...

He just talked about the evolution of the Marks a few days ago again. He commented on how the Mark IV relates to the IIC+. I am telling you guys, he is the man. Search his posts, read and learn.

I saw the signal in the sky !!!!

The IIC+ was special because Mesa had Sprague use Honey as a dielectic in the coupling caps.

There, myth solved EVH style.

Designs are either pure genius or happy accidents.

I bet that once you get the IIC+ bug it's the first thing you think about when you wake up and the last though before you sleep. This is the stage where you replace REM sleep with the IIC+ descending from a brilliant white light getting ever so close to your grasp. You hear tones that make you weep with joy. When you wake up, you have to choose between the dream and reality. Buy one or get medical attention until the craving subsides. It's a terrible affliction.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just had a sinus explosion holding back the laughter.

The honey caps must be what makes them so sweet... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back