What is the best speaker for a 1x12 Lonestar Classic????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I have several MC-90's sitting around, but find them to be a bit dark until cranked.

What are you guys using in yours?

Mine does not have the 10 watt setting, so I will be using it at 50 & 100 watts.

I like the C-90's. I tried some weber ceramic blue dog & silver bell and it wasn't any better, at least to re-EQ my amp to achieve a slight improvement. I've heard it said from a poster on the board pretty much the same thing he tried several speakers with no head and shoulder winner. But now....I been hearing good things about the EV speaker. They cost over $200 a speaker. Do a search here, I saw some threads in the last month about those speakers and Lonestar's.

you try a graphic eq in the effects loop. lots of us has had a lot of success with that. the favoritess are the boss ge7 pedal and the mxr 10 band pedal. good luck.

I've tried that before and it really works well with Marshalls.

I don't want another pedal though, and I don't want to change the overall tone much.

I just want to find a speaker that works well in this amp and can handle the power ratings.

Must "chime"-in on this. I have put an EVM12L Classic in my LSC and it is incredible. I loved my amp before, but now it's like someone took the kleenex from in front of the speaker. My cleans are magnificent and the lows are tight and very nice. They are pricey but OMG they are worth it. Wont use anything else

I find I prefer the MC90 to the EVM.... the C90 sounds better on the clean bridge pup to me, the EVM seems to have a bit of a midrange bump to it which I don't like with humbuckers.

It is supposed to get here tomorrow.

I have a C90 that I might try, I also have a Weber Thames and some others.

I am sure the Celestion Gold will sound really good, but I am also sure it won't sound that way for long.

If the speakers that I have don't sound that great. I'll order an EV or maybe the Weber Michigan.

I've actually been using an EarCandy "Green Machine" in my lonestar combo for a while, and I think it's pretty nice. Its basically a tweaked Jensen. Very clean, neutral speaker.

Monsta-Tone said:
How many watts is the Green Machine?

I seem to remember your post a while back about it.

http://www.earcandycabs.com/products.php?req=read&product_id=17

:lol: I will let you know today. Hopefully it was packed it right.

The guy's wife emailed me and said that he had emergency heart surgery and she & her son packed it up. I've been a bit nervous since then.

The Fed Ex website says it is, "On Fed Ex Vehicle for delivery!!!!"

Latest posts

Back