what Celestion is the Black Shadow 90's based after?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

regotheamigo

Reaction score
Do you guys know if this is a speaker only made for Mesa? Or is it in the Celestion line as well? I went to there site and didnt see anything on it. I love these speakers, and just wanted to know what the closest thing was to these that they sell. Thanks :D

"It's basically a beefed up Celestion Classic Lead with the voicing slightly tweeked."

Thanks a lot for the info. Just out of curiosity. how are they slightly tweeked? , and do you know if Celestion still sells this Classic Lead series?
Cheers :D

regotheamigo said:
how are they slightly tweeked?

Donno....never A/B'd them. I believe that if they're like the Mesa/Celestion V30, they're hand glued and assembled in England (normal Celestion V30s are machine glued and assembled in China).

and do you know if Celestion still sells this Classic Lead series?

Last I checked they did.

I called Celestion a few months back and was told basically the same thing, that tonally it is close to the Classic Lead 80. If you look closely, the Black Shadow has a vented pole piece. It does not appear that the CL80 does from any photos and pics at their web site.

Back