What cabinets do you use with your Mesa heads?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a Marshall 1960AV 4x12 (Vintage 30 Speakers) with my triaxis rack setup.
I use a Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Slant (Vintage 30 Speakers) with my mark ii c+ coliseum.
With my RACKtifier i use a Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Recto cab (With Vintage 30s).

+Mike+

dual rec said:
I have a VHT fat bottom currently but am looking to get an avatar with V30's.

Can you comment on the tone with this cab? Also, The grill is attached with velcro and it seems as though it would be prone to rattling. Have you experienced this? On paper, this cab seems like the ticket for me, but I inspected one at GC, and the velcro thing kind of turned me off.

The VHT Fat Bottom 4x12 cab is by far,IMO the perfect match for a D.R. head. I bought one at a Cleveland area G.C. for $800.00 brand new on a green tag blow out sale and we just pummled the hell out of it. Never farted out or got mushy. Oh,and the "velcro" grill fasteners...no problemo!
Tight DEEP bass ,clean clear mids,and a even sounding top end. But,the Fat Bottom 4x12 is VERY beam focused. You step off to the side and you suddenly loose the spread from the speakers. I preaty much stay close to my cab so this isnt a problem.
A/B'd the VHT against the recto cabs for over 30 mins and the compairison is staggering. I had the oversized Recto cab( still own a 2x12 recto and a 80's metal grill 4x12 mesa) and always knew something was missing...now I know. The "80's" 4x12 cab really compleaments the Stiletto trident I have,but all in all, the Fat Bottom 4x12 lit a fire under the D.R.

,,,by the way,when I said the 80's 4x12 mesa cab I have 'compleaments " my Trident head,it still isnt the sound I'm searching for with that head and it sounds (just) ok with the Fat Bottom. I want a "****,this is the ticket" cab for the Stiletto. Thoughts anyone?

twin 2x12 sscabs closed backs. black with cane grills. f-50 head. loud, heavy, clean, beautiful....

tone = awesome

Back