What album are you listening to?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dbone said:
Gtr_Pkr said:
Been listening to 90's stuff to prepare for a cover band. Should be able to use my Triple Rectifier! :mrgreen:

Pearl Jam - 1st Albumn
Soundgarden - Superunknown
Alice in Chains - Dirt

Good for you....Summer School : )
Those are definitely some old favs for me, three classic albums there.
I Love AC's Nutshell on Jar of flys As well awesome.
Your Trip-Rec should lend itself well to Soundgarden.

Foo Fighters - Wasting Light

I don't care what you say but anyone that makes music like this and has the cojones to record it on tape in a freakin' garage like the old days (no ProTools, just tape, ear, razor - then screw around with it till your tape rips) is mothereffin' badass.

Jackie said:
Foo Fighters - Wasting Light

I don't care what you say but anyone that makes music like this and has the cojones to record it on tape in a freakin' garage like the old days (no ProTools, just tape, ear, razor - then screw around with it till your tape rips) is mothereffin' badass.
Ahhhh the days of tape...when raw fat guitar tone oozed from the speakers.

RectoStudioGuy said:
dbone said:
Gtr_Pkr said:
Been listening to 90's stuff to prepare for a cover band. Should be able to use my Triple Rectifier! :mrgreen:

Pearl Jam - 1st Albumn
Soundgarden - Superunknown
Alice in Chains - Dirt

Good for you....Summer School : )
Those are definitely some old favs for me, three classic albums there.
I Love AC's Nutshell on Jar of flys As well awesome.
Your Trip-Rec should lend itself well to Soundgarden.

It does for sure! The tone I get for Spoonman is dead on. Sweet!! Actually, when I saw them in concert Kim Thayil was playing Dual Rectifier combo amps and what I think was an Electrodyne. They still sound killer!!

Keeping with my vast musical pallete I listened to....

Sam & Dave - Greatest Hits - Hold On (I'm Comin'), Soul Man, I Thank You.

The Band - Greatest Hits

And then back to AC/DC - Flick of the Switch, Fly on the Wall, Blow Up Your Video

Alright, has anyone heard Frank Zappa / Mothers of Invention - Freak Out?

That has to be one of the most off the wall recordings I have ever heard. Correct me if I am wrong, but one of the years listed on the CD was 1966. Really?? They were doing that in '66? They all must have been tripping on acid because that albumn is way out there.

Alestorm - Back Through Time

Came home from Heidenfest in Ljubljana yesterday and these guys rocked the show. Their new album is heavy as FUK. Love that opening riff for Shipwrecked, very thrashy.

I have had Weather Report's Mr. Gone playing a lot lately. Just something about that album that does it for me.

Jeff Loomis - Zero Order Phase - 1st Solo album (I don't like Nevermore)
The guy is just class, shredding with style.
Schecter guitars

Also just downloaded some Angel Vivaldi for my itunes.
Ibanez guitars

Johnny Cash - Live at Folsum Prison
Rory Gallagher - Rory Gallagher, Live in Europe, Against the Grain

Johnny Cash....what more needs to be said about him that hasn't been said. The man was a legend and totally original.

IMO, Rory Gallagher was a very underrated guitar player. Just as good as his contemporaries, but just didn't have the "commercial" part of it. I don't care. He's awesome just like he is!!!

Machine Head - Unto the Locust

These guys just have a talent for writing "crawls under your skin" albums. The Blackening didnt' hit me right away but it grew on me song after song, I love it now. Unto the Locust took a little more time for that to happen but I must say it is in the Blackening ballpark but with some extra zing to it. The only song I don't like is Who We Are and even there I only dislike the children's choir bit. I think it's an interesting idea but I just can't help but perceive it as annoying.

Been on the Floyds lately.

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

I must admit this has turned into a guilty pleasure, I just cant get enough of this album.
Its over the top headbanging goodness and it just works.

I've been listening to Bomb The Music Industry!'s older stuff. It's so good lyrically, and the arrangements are fantastic. It's not of a high sound production quality because it's all DIY Punk, but dang there are amazing progressions in there. I suppose that's what you get when a music major from NYU makes a collective shuffling in an arsenal of 35 or so people haha.

Disraeli Gears. I spent hours trying to get the "strange brew" through the song rhythm riff down. There is something in the timing that (like many other things) eludes me.

Also Joe Bonamassa and what's her face Beth Hart. Some nice stuff although not as ground breaking as the Disraeli Gears. Jack Bruce may only have done that one record but the mix of his voice and EC was so magical.

Back