What album are you listening to?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been reading Tony Iommi's book "Iron Man" so I'm pulling out the Black Sabbath. Vol. 4 and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath now playing :!:
Iommi.jpg

My guitar instructor.

The new Joe Bonamassa effort Driving towards the Daylight.

Its a little bit uneven but there are some killer tracks "somewhere trouble". The drumming and keyboards on this CD are also fantastic. The drumming on "who's been talking" is beautiful. Interesting to compare Joe's take on "who's been talking" with Eric Claptons version of the same song made nearly 50 years ago on the London Howling Wolf sessions. You can hear the fantastic advances the eletric guitar has made, but fingers are still fingers.

Joe gets a sensational tone and is only a dime short of being an all time great. If he had Jack Bruce writing songs and sharing the vocals he'd be there. Looking forward to hearing him live in October here in Sydney.

them crooked vultures

josh homme is laying down some wicked grungy stuff

Seether - Karma & Effect - The Gift

Great edge of breakup during the verses. Thick chunky riff in the chorus.

Learning Brad Paisley - Old Alabama. Got a tele recently and can't believe how much fun it is to play, and how **** good of a player Paisley is.

Guilty pleasure - Katy Perry. If you don't know why, I can't explain it to you! Ha!

Hmm Well I finished listening to Heritage by Opeth. Not a bad album I think I like Ghost Reveries and Blackwater Park a lot more though. I saw them on their Heritage Hunter tour w/ Ghost. Good concert. I don't think it was amazing though.

Gave Rust in Peace by Megadeth a good listen again the other day. I am going to try and cover a few songs off of it.

I am somewhat (and not at all) eager for the new Nile album At The Gates of Sethu, based on the song I heard on youtube it sounds like it will be about as good as their last two. For those who listen to Nile, I am sure you catch my drift :wink:

At this very moment I am listening to Riding With the King a collaborative album with Eric Clapton and B.B. King

I find listening to lots of different kinds of music is healthy for my musical mind.
I play hardrock/metal type stuff most of the time but I listen to and enjoy classical, pop, dance, rap, folk, jazz, country, movie sound tracks as well as hard rock and metal.
Variety is the spice of life.

DP - Purpendicular
:D I thought I was the only one with that CD! I've never met anyone else that has it. Freaking amazing guitar work!

Rush - Power Windows
Maiden - Powerslave / Number of the Beast
Zappa - Live in New York / Joe's Garage
Incubus - Make Yourself
Bare Naked Ladies - Stunt
Big Head Todd - Anything I can find
Widespread - Till the Medicine Takes

I just hit shuffle on the ipod and go to work!

Monsta-Tone said:
DP - Purpendicular
:D I thought I was the only one with that CD! I've never met anyone else that has it. Freaking amazing guitar work!
Right on Andy, Steve Morse smokes on that album. I think it was his first with DP.

Right now it's ABIII, Zeppelin's Physical Graffitti, Rick Derringer's All American Boy, Disturbed's 10000 Fists, & Slash's new Album.

Dom

As I get older, I'm really making a conscious effort to explore different genres. As much as I love listening to great guitar, sometimes I have to stray from it in order to get a different perspective on music.

I don't have any rhyme or reason, but lately I've been listening to Morphine's Cure for Pain lately. The album contains no guitar, which is something I never thought I'd get into. But the music is so good.

Monsta-Tone said:
DP - Purpendicular

Rush - Power Windows
Maiden - Powerslave / Number of the Beast
Zappa - Live in New York / Joe's Garage
Incubus - Make Yourself
Bare Naked Ladies - Stunt
Big Head Todd - Anything I can find
Widespread - Till the Medicine Takes

I just hit shuffle on the ipod and go to work!

great minds think alike :wink:

Im not your lover, Sometimes i Feel like screaming and Loosen my strings are top notch!!

hummm sounds like some UFO is missing on your ipod :wink: :mrgreen:

Monsta-Tone said:
hummm sounds like some UFO is missing on your ipod
:lol: It is....I only have one of their CD's though.

Too much good music, not enough time........

UFO's live album "Strangers in the Night" is one of the greats.
I can never get enough of Michael Schenker 8)

Your right though Monsta, we really need to quit our day jobs to do this properly :lol:

Riff Blister said:
Monsta-Tone said:
hummm sounds like some UFO is missing on your ipod
:lol: It is....I only have one of their CD's though.

Too much good music, not enough time........

UFO's live album "Strangers in the Night" is one of the greats.
I can never get enough of Michael Schenker 8)

He is my #1 player and influence.

if you didnt already, check out his "One Night at Budokan" CD. wonderfull tones and playing, along with SITN. :)

Rory Gallagher - Notes from San Fransico - Side 2 which is live is sick. The playing there is off the top amazing. IF you haven't heard it, I strongly suggest you do. Love that strat sound he gets.

Latest posts

Back