What 2x12 cab for Mark IV?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know they don't get too much press time on this board, but I have nothing but love for the Mesa 3/4-back cabs. I use two 1x12s, one on top of the other. The one on top has a C90, and the one on bottom I've changed to a EV12L (inspired by the old Mark series cabs).

GREAT sound, surprisingly tight low end from the EV cabinet, and just the right amount of "airy"-ness to get the most of from clean tones. Also, the setup is pretty flexible because I can bring just one or two cabs to a gig depending on the volume needed.

I have a recto 2x12 that has not been played for two years since I got these cabs, they're that good!

EDIT: My apologies to the original poster, I didn't realize you were asking about 2x12 cabs specifically. FWIW, they make the 3/4-back cabs in 2x12 versions too!

No problem with any replies about cabs! I'm having a great time listening to what you guys have to say. Thanks!

That might be too much to handle in a 2x12. It would be seriously heavy. I would buy one though.

I think that hearing it would take my mind off the back ache thou! Then again I have a hand truck for little problems like that. I guess I'd have it in an ATA case with some big *** wheels anyways.

That's true. Besides, like you said, work smarter not harder... Save the back for playing a Paul. Use the wheel. It was a nice little invention made a millenia or so ago.

Latest posts

Back