Watford Valves Harma Cryo Tubes for LoneStar Special

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fox5150

Reaction score
Hi All,

As a recent LSS owner, and loving it by the way, I decided I needed to get a spare set of valves as the last thing I want is to be playing, a valve blows and I look like an idiot. So after doing a lot of research, as is the fun in these things, I decided to order the LSS PreAmp Standard Gain Re-Valve kit from Watford Valves in the UK (as that's where I am!). I also ordered his recommended Harma Cryo E84L's and a Sylvania Recto valve. What I plan on doing is putting the Watford Valves set in and using the original Mesa valves as the backups, although I suspect if I like them, I'll just order another set.

I know I can swap the preamp valves without needing to make any changes to the amp, but can I swap the Power Stage without needing to rebias. I've got an authorised Mesa repair centre about 5 minutes up the road from where I live if this is required so it's not too much of an issue if it is required, other than then they know I've swapped the valves and void my warranty.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be grateful.

Thanks,

Fox

Please report on your experience wit Waterford Cryos. I'm considering the low gain retube, but ordered a Mulard NOS Recto from another dealer.

Latest posts

Back