Warmer Single Rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve@Russo

Reaction score
Here is my set up
American Strat with DiMarzio Paf Pro in Bridge
Single Rec Series 2 with Mesa El34
1960asl

I just want to make it sound a little more "creamy" I a playing what you might consider indie rock, Fugazi esk, quicksand
I really dig Chris Hasketts tone on weight

Any suggestions?? I am a dealer so I have access to all Mesa, JJ, Eh, Tung Sol, etc... Just looking for more opinions
THANKS

I actually found the 6l6 to be a little dull, I am going to switch out the paf pro I have for a tone zone and go from there first I think

I'm new around here and I was looking for a similar tone also. I am not sure if " creamy" was in the design of the Rectifier Series. I found some last week, but not the way I wanted to by running a Marshall Studio 15 as a slave and using the Rectoverb as a power amp. It was awesome although diminished the Rectoverb to a 1 channel amp more or less. A combination by A/ B /Y and whatever else to get all 3 channels like this would be a thrill if at all possible.

My next attempt will be with NOS 5751's in V-1, V-2 and the P.I. to keep it simple. If this works I will let you know. An 12AT7 in V-1 alone was not the answer as I tried.

searching this forum has led me to believe that the bias mod is a must for anyone using el34's so I will be trying that also

Latest posts

Back