Post your .50 Caliber serial numbers!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalblitz84

Reaction score
I just recently got my .50 Caliber+ head back from Mesa and they couldn't give me an accurate date for my head. One guy said 89-90 and another said 90-91. I was wondering if you guys (that have a .50+) could post your serial numbers and when you acquired it so I can try to narrow it down. Mine is
# FP 14304. Thanks!!!!

the serial number is inside the amp i think ! isn't ? we cant' see it on the back side of the head...

(btw, completely out of the subject but i recorded some stuff this w-e with my caliber and it sounds god **** good :) )

I have a .50 Cal + combo...

Serial # FP20141

The serial # on the EVM-12L indicates it's from 87.

Maybe that helps?

Mine is FP18069

I have no clue what year mine is. The seller said it was a '94, but i'm pretty sure they weren't made that late... :?

My studio .22+ also has a serial number that starts with FP.
Does anybody know the meaning of FP?
Thanks

My # is stamped on the back of the amp between the effects loop and the speaker outputs. The FP is in white and is silk screened on while the numbers are stamped or indented. It's hard to see the numbers due because it is stamped prior to being sprayed with the black paint!

Anyone know when & why the .50caliber was made?? was it a "bargain" amp or their Flagship"

Why did they make the .50+....

What did it replace, what replaced it, what was the target market??

Just trying to learn the history of these amps. I have a .50 caliber.

sweet amp.

The 50 Cal was a slightly cheaper version of a Mark Amp. It isnt real clear to me what are the real differences. They all were 50 watts, the tow 6L6 Marks were 60 watts so maybe smaller trannies. They may have had a cheaper speaker and maybe slightly different features. The Big Brother of the 50 Cal Plus was the DC 5 which was a total departure from Mark Series Achetecture.

I think the big difference between the 50 Cal and 50 Cal Plus was the Plus had the Lead Master.

I've often thought of picking one up myself thouygh I like my Mark III just fine.

the caliber doesn't even figure on the past production section mesa boogie site !!! :?

The 50 Calibers have smaller trannies than the mark series and less "pull knob" (accurately named! :twisted: ) 'features'. The original 50 Cal had 4 x EL84 power valves. The 50 Cal + has two 6L6s. They are the big brother of the Studio .22 (2 x EL84), which came earlier.

The Calibers are voiced a bit differently to the Mark series. Looser bass and more aggressive gain channel, but still a recognisably Boogie sound. Smaller trannies are not necesserily a bad thing. Transformer saturation is a key part of many classic amp sounds such as the Marshall 18watt, which used an underspec HiFi trannie.

I love my Caliber .50 + and woudn't trade it for a Mark series. Wouldn't mind a MkIII as well though...

do you mean that the particular lead of the caliber come from a transfo saturation ???

i can't imagine the caliber has "looser bass"... i can't put the bass above 2... but i think it's definitely a "mids" amp... and that's exactely what i like... i don't use the V settings anymore, what i use now is more like a W...

that's a fact that the lead channel i really agressive...

Gruffnutz said:
The 50 Calibers have smaller trannies than the mark series and less "pull knob" (accurately named! :twisted: ) 'features'. The original 50 Cal had 4 x EL84 power valves. The 50 Cal + has two 6L6s. They are the big brother of the Studio .22 (2 x EL84), which came earlier.

The Calibers are voiced a bit differently to the Mark series. Looser bass and more aggressive gain channel, but still a recognisably Boogie sound. Smaller trannies are not necesserily a bad thing. Transformer saturation is a key part of many classic amp sounds such as the Marshall 18watt, which used an underspec HiFi trannie.

I love my Caliber .50 + and woudn't trade it for a Mark series. Wouldn't mind a MkIII as well though...

Cool thanx for the info.

I'm not exactly sure why Boogie dosnt have all their previous models on the site and just have some of them?

I was thinking of getting into a second Boogie for kicks and though I would like to have a DC-5 you dont see many of em especially locally and the Cal 50+ would be a very economic second Boogie for me. A Mark I would be cool as well but mo money. I see a lot of the 50+ Calibers for sale locally.

Purchased my .50 Caliber + Combo from its original owner in 1992 or 1993. Serial number is FP13377. Anyone have a guess as to its year of manufacture?

Thanks!

To find the aproximate date of manufacture, remove the chassis and look for the dates written in sharpie on the circuit board...

Mine was FP19383, and is dated 7-90

This was a 50cal+ w/6L6's

I just recently got my .50 Caliber+ head back from Mesa and they couldn't give me an accurate date for my head. One guy said 89-90 and another said 90-91. I was wondering if you guys (that have a .50+) could post your serial numbers and when you acquired it so I can try to narrow it down. Mine is
# FP 14304. Thanks!!!!
Mine is a ss4103

Attachments

• IMG_1296.jpeg
    IMG_1296.jpeg
    272.5 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back