Volume pedal?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

My George L pedalboard kit turned up today and so I finally managed to put my pedalboard together properly. However, my Ernie Ball Junior Volume Pedal is now sucking tone like you wouldn't believe. I've checked all the cables and there's nothing wrong there. My signal path is:

Guitar->Keeley Modded Crybaby->Keeley Compressor->True Bypass OD Pedal->Volume Pedal

If I move the return lead to the amp to the output of the OD pedal then it all sounds the way it should, put the Volume pedal back in and it really degrades the sound.

The volume pedal is essential to my setup as I swap about between keyboards and guitar on stage and need it to mute the guitar output. Also, it keeps my tuner out of the signal path, which is just as important.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Fox

I use an Ernie Ball volume in the loop and it works great there. I do notice the tone difference more though when it's in front of the amp, not so much though in the loop.

Back