Views on a MKIV with a Thiele

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesanomad100

Reaction score
I already own a thiele ported cab,Im gonna be buying myself a MKIV soon,what do you think about using this with the thiele cab(1x12" obviously)

wil I still be able to get all the great MKIV tones

also how many of you guys use this combonation

and lastly could anyone posrt a video of them demonstrating the MKIV,cleans,rythem and lead tones

that would be awsome :D:D:D:D

cheers again guys

Euan

My favorite setup is a Mark IV short head with two Boogie 1-12" Thiele EVM-12L cabs. IMO there's just nothing better. Period.

I have an EVM loaded Thiele and use an EVM in the combo cabinet. That sounds great with the Mark IV. The Mark IV pumping the Thiele and Traditional 4x12 sounds great too. The Thiele with the Mark IV by itself sounds great as well.

Here's my Mark IV:
Mark4.jpg

Both Thiele cabs are loaded with C90's.
I tried the Mark IV through a slanted V30 loaded rectifier cab as well but I preferred these 2.
Just keep in mind that these small cabs are very directional. Stand about 3-4 meters in front of them and you'll be blown away, stand next to them and the sound you hear will be more muffled and muted.

Hmmmm.... I was just wondering...
Is there any difference between an old cab originally loaded with an EVM and a new one with the C90 swapped out for an EVM?

as far as I know.........no

mayby cosmetically thay look a little different ie. tolex used and arent rounded on the front edges etc but I think dimensions are all the same

The cabs would have remained the same in dimensions

Back