Speaker for the Mesa Mark V: 35??? Any thoughts???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which speaker works best for the Mark V 35??

• Vintage 30

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • C90

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • EVM12L

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Creamback M65

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Creamback H75

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
When I was runnin the mk35 out live,I plugged into 2- 4x12 diezel cabs w/ vintage 30s and never looked back. I loved how that tiny 35 could move some air! ( cream back 65s would be a good choice too).

Knowing this is a necro thread....the only way to pick speakers is by trying them. Fortunately most speakers hold their value pretty well on the used market so you can buy and sell used speakers on reverb and basically get your money back out of them and you're only out shipping costs.

I've never been able to bond with the V30, although I do admit they sound a tad better in a closed back cab then in an open back combo. I bought a pair of them a few years ago after reading all the raves online and tried them in all three of the amps I had at the time. I ended up selling them. I like something with a little wider tone. The V30s were too narrowly focussed for my taste.

I've never been able to bond with the V30, although I do admit they sound a tad better in a closed back cab then in an open back combo. I bought a pair of them a few years ago after reading all the raves online and tried them in all three of the amps I had at the time. I ended up selling them. I like something with a little wider tone. The V30s were too narrowly focussed for my taste.
What speaker did you end up settling on?

What speaker did you end up settling on?
If you are referring to my other thread on here about trying to make the Mark V 35 louder I'm still deciding.
I'm not normally much of a fan of Eminence drivers but from what I've been discovering in my learnings they do seem to make some fairly efficient ones. The search does still continue.

If you are referring to those 3 other amps I used to have that I mentioned here in this thread, I ended up putting the stock speakers back in 2 of them. For the Rivera that was the G12T75 and for the Blues Junior I stuck the original Special Design back in it because I was soon offloading the amp due to my unending frustration trying to shed it of that boxy sound. For the Tweed Deluxe I ended up with a Weber but I forget which one. I spoke to a Weber guy on the phone for a recommendation and told him I wanted the amp to do the heavy lifting and the speaker should break up as little as possible. The only thing I remember about that one was that it was ceramic and fairly heavy and I was pretty happy with it as I got more usable headroom and volume out of it. I still have that amp but my buddy is borrowing it otherwise I'd look in the back and tell you what speaker it has.

Back