video clip: EVEEL .50 caliber + drop-C riffing

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrmot

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auFVojzhQeE

guitar is Edwards E-LP-98LTC, Les Paul custom copy with a Seymour Duncan JB

Nice! Sounds ugly when you scooped the thing though heh... :lol:

trem said:
Nice! Sounds ugly when you scooped the thing though heh... :lol:

thanks!
Yeah, it sounds ugly when you scoop the mids while in some lower tuning but this amp's got so accentuated mids that when in standard tuning, some cutting is almost mandatory. But i like that it has some much mids, it's better to cut them if needed than to boost them when they're missing :wink:

that's exactly what i like with this amp, this "mid" thing :)

nice harmonic response with that guitar...

Thanks meursault!

well, I just got back from first band practice since i've been having this amp and I must say that IT SLAYS! To me, it is much much much better than the F-50, especially distortion. I have never been so happy with my tone as i am with this amp. Thank you Randall and Mike! :wink:

Wow. That amp sounds great! I never knew they sounded that good. (I dont think I have ever heard a .50 cal. before) Were you boosting the front of the amp with a pedal or was that straight in?

wildrat666 said:
sounds brutal and awesome. really like the sound

Thanks, glad you like it! :)

Fwank said:
Wow. That amp sounds great! I never knew they sounded that good. (I dont think I have ever heard a .50 cal. before) Were you boosting the front of the amp with a pedal or was that straight in?
Glad you like it! Guitar plugged straight in, I don't like pedals! :wink:

Well, every day I'm being constantly amazed at how good the amp sounds and how versatile is it. The eq can do wonders, so many different tones available. EVERY control on this amp can do so much difference that it's not funny and the controls are extremelly touch sensitive, so you can't say, eg., "the treble was around 7" cause the treble at 7 and 1/4 sounds really different than treble at 7 and 3/4. I know, sounds like an exaggeration but it really isn't! Also, the sound really depends on where is the Master (overall Master volume) related to Lead Master (volume for lead channel). Eg., setting the master on 6 and lead master on 0 would give you approximatelly the same volume as setting the master on 3 and lead master on 2, but these two sounds are completelly different! And don't get me started on the "Volume" control (which is actually gain :lol: ).
Also, this amp reacts wonderfully to pick dynamics, I've never heard an amp to be this responsive. Here's a little audio clip of the dynamics, the sound is pretty bad cause this was recorded with my cellphone (don't have a mic at the time, only a 7$ wallmart mic which sounds terrible) but you can hear what i mean, I only varied the pick attack. Gain was around 3.
http://www.box.net/shared/k8gwf1lc8k

and while I'm posting clips, here's also one short improvisation on the clean channel (there's some microphone clipping):
http://www.box.net/shared/dycpv7sisg

Used my Edwards LPC copy on both clips, SD JB on the bridge and SD '59 on the neck position.

hey dude i didn't noticed you're from croatia !!! i love croatiaaaaaaaaaaa... i miss her !!! :D

btw i recognized the cal 50 + on your clip :wink:

The controls on these amps are super sensitive. i couldn't get my tone back for a month, after retubing, and I just couldn't figure out why i was getting buried in the mix. turned the mids up from 5 to 5 1/2, and there it was, my tone back!!!

crazy sensitive

meursault said:
hey dude i didn't noticed you're from croatia !!! i love croatiaaaaaaaaaaa... i miss her !!! :D

btw i recognized the cal 50 + on your clip :wink:

really? when were you here? where are you from? Glad you liked it :D

billygoat said:
The controls on these amps are super sensitive. i couldn't get my tone back for a month, after retubing, and I just couldn't figure out why i was getting buried in the mix. turned the mids up from 5 to 5 1/2, and there it was, my tone back!!!

crazy sensitive

exactly, and i personally find the mids to be the least sensitive control! :lol:

really? when were you here? where are you from? Glad you liked it

i went there in 2004 and 2006... the first time we drove from zagreb to plitvice lake then to some north islands, Rab and Krk... in 2006 i went to Dubrovnik, Hvar, Korcula... in croatia there are the most beautifull places in EU (the islands in front of Hvar are a piece of heaven :))... i really fell in love of this country... next time i'll go to split and Pag... i'm from belgium...

exactly, and i personally find the mids to be the least sensitive control!

i think it's because the overall tone of this amp is really "mid"...[/quote][/code]

I like the very last thing you played at 1:03 or whatever the most, that was pretty badass; too bad it onlylasted 3 seconds lol. The more scoopy sounds weren't doing it for me either.

meursault said:
i went there in 2004 and 2006... the first time we drove from zagreb to plitvice lake then to some north islands, Rab and Krk... in 2006 i went to Dubrovnik, Hvar, Korcula... in croatia there are the most beautifull places in EU (the islands in front of Hvar are a piece of heaven :))... i really fell in love of this country... next time i'll go to split and Pag... i'm from belgium...

wow, you really got to know croatia! I'm ashamed to say, but you have seen more of my country then me! :lol: I'm glad you like it here, Croatia really is a jewel when it comes to nature and historical buildings. If you have the time, go to visit Brijuni, that's a group of about 15 or so small islands just in front the Istria peninsula, in the past, they were the summer residence for Tito (the communist leader that was leading Yugoslavia for more than 30 years), they look amazing, lots of wildlife too, peacocks and deers walking around.. :wink:

Unfortunatelly, I won't go anywhere these during this summer, I just got a job in Zagreb (I'm from Rijeka, the port town near the island Krk), maybe only a few days on Krk cause my girlfriend has a small "cottage" (it really is small but very nice) there... but i plan to go to Plitvice for a one day trip cause I have never been there, and that's a big shame :?

sorry for offtopicing guys :)

wastoid said:
I like the very last thing you played at 1:03 or whatever the most, that was pretty badass; too bad it onlylasted 3 seconds lol. The more scoopy sounds weren't doing it for me either.

huh? those last few seconds were the scooped part, until then i had the mids set pretty high but then i lowered the 750Hz slider quite a bit down

Back