V-Twin or something similar for "Recto" voicing?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UsrName said:
Chris_Lonerock said:
Sans amp GT2 in california hotwired mode is pretty close

This one has me intrigued. Is it just for recording or can you play it live as well? What about that mic switch? Does it affect the sound live direct into an amp? Also how does the Tri-OD or Tri-AC compare?

Well in fact I use this in front of a 3+se preamp on clean channel (as a dist pedal), and especially for live. I made a A/B test when the roadking was still home and then "live" it's pretty close, and even heavier than the real recto, but when you record it (test through sm57) there's a slight difference, the real recto is thicker.

So that's cool to avoid to handle a heavy head and the rack!
but I think that to record, nothing's better than a real Rectifier, that's why I sold my roadking for a 2ch dual recto (mint '98).

Sorry I never tried tri od or tri ac, but I know that there's a new Electro harmonix (Heavy- muff) is said to do the job too.

Platypus said:
Sorry to derail your thread UsrName :)

What's your degree in?

That's ok, I'm still getting some good ideas.

My degree is in computer information technology. I've got about a year to go. I'm very interested in the security side of things. What's yours in?

Platypus said:
RyanDM said:
Platypus said:
Hey fellow Purdue grad :p

Yup! 8)

Sorry to derail your thread UsrName :)

What's your degree in?

Computer Graphics Technology.
I am down here working for a company as a Visual Database Engineer doing 3D modeling & terrain development for military simulation rehearsal & training applications.

What's your degree in Platypus?

Hehe, did you read my profile?

My degree is in Network Engineering Tech (CPT for you RyanDM ;) )

How ironic, when did you graduate? I probably knew you or saw you around!

I'm a UNIX Sys Admin for a very large corp (unnamed as I'm not allowed to discuss) and I do lots of computer security stuff on the side.

this is cracking me up

Platypus said:
Hehe, did you read my profile?

My degree is in Network Engineering Tech (CPT for you RyanDM ;) )

How ironic, when did you graduate? I probably knew you or saw you around!

I'm a UNIX Sys Admin for a very large corp (unnamed as I'm not allowed to discuss) and I do lots of computer security stuff on the side.

this is cracking me up
Holy Crap, that's nuts! Ahh...CPT! Now was that 2nd Floor Knoy? I was on the 3rd. I graduated in December of 00' If you were around during that time I had to have run into you at somepoint, having practically lived in that building during some semesters :) I also worked as a lab assistant in the computer labs during the evenings for a couple semesters (and that was on all floors there I think).

Latest posts

Back