Used LSC market dried up?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medwards1969

Reaction score
I've owned my LSC Short-head I bought of E-Bay quite a while now and I've concluded a few things:

1) The Amp takes a while to learn, understand, and appreciate. Some people expect it to be something it isn't. It does't do everything, its just that what it does do is classy and not cheesy. This amp is actually very very useful, the more I play it the more I like it. Time spent studying the configuration options is not wasted! There are plenty of amps around that are the other way (i.e. liked it at first but hate it now). When I hear John Mayer playin his Two Rocks in concert, I don't think, "man I wish had his amp", I think to myself, "man I wish I could play and write songs like this guy!". That says a lot for the LSC in my mind.
2) The used market for these things is drying up. The ones without the low watt option are now sold, and there' fewer sellers. Used market prices are rising fast. I think there is now a following for this amp.
3) Once you get one of these, you realize how many many pop songs have been played with that clean Fender sound. The LSC has got it! It's amazing!

Amen to that! I bought my LSC when they first came out. I really wasen't satisfied with the Gain channel on the amp untill I spent some time with it. I did in fact end up getting a Dual Rec for more grind, and what you said is true, I loved the "Tractor Pull" sound of the Dual, but in my case the LSC would of sufficed for about 90 percent of my playing needs. Great points!

I have been looking for a LSC head for some time and last week I got lucky. I found one of the short heads (19") at a good price and drove 275 miles to get it. It had a couple of issues but all were solved with a retube. This has got to be one of the best sounding amps I have ever played. No, it's not for metal or really heavy distortion but for cleans and blues it's excellent.

I had a LSC 2x12 combo come up on CraigsList for $1300, but when I asked for pics they never came. I bought another F-series instead. But I sure would have loved to have one at that price.

Yeah people complain about the weight of a LSC Combo. I say any 2x12 tube amp with a built-in reverb tank and good speakers is going to weigh enough to get under any owner's skin. I decided a long time ago - heads are the way to go.

The short-head is the sleeper: No longer made, easy to carry, it has a bright future in the resale market I think. Sits on my two Bogner Cubes like it was made for them. My only gripe is I wish it was black viny rather than blue. Maybe I should get the vinyl redone then it would be a complete mystery, eh?

With all the hype towards smaller amps, Mesa quits making the smallest one. Go figure.

Back