Tweed mode on Lonestar's problem (panic now)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bicycle

Reaction score
I have problem on tweed mode, it seems no different between tweed and normal(on). I have turn to 'Tube Rectifier Tracking' and powered to '50W' already then i switch back and forth between tweed and on mode nothing seem to change at all.

Do i missed something here? if anyone own lonestar or know the trick please help.

Regards,

Dune

p.s. Is the sound between both channel really different or is it just subtle different?

The volume difference is subtle. We're talking maybe a 15% difference. On mine the difference gets more noticeable when the gain and master settings are set to a higher level. You can really hear the tube rectifier compress in tweed mode with rectifier on at the higher levels. At low levels the difference is minimal.

Thanks cb101, you means if it's very loud then you can tell straight away the characters different right? (i understand about 15% volume lost)

Exactly, you get that rectifier tube sag and compression. The way the lonestar is set up is that the rectifier is only on line with the 50 watt setting whether it's the tweed or regular power settings. When you lower the power input on the tweed setting and are running at 50 watts then you are really getting about 35-40 watts and that's when, if the amp is turned up you get that saturated tube rectifier sound.

PS it will take a bit of time for the power level to lift or sag - you won't hear the difference right away.

you can tell the difference also my looking at the power light, the jeweled red light on the front grows dim when tweed in engaged. .....I thought it was interresting. :lol:

Latest posts

Back