true opinion on the triaxis

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oops I forget it: synthetic not as a pod.
To me a synthetic amp is an amp with a lot of gains stages that try to get the sinusoidal waveform into a square, that is not real, the real tube sound becomes when you are near the clipping zone of the tube, there is when it starts to compress and it becomes to get the first thd distortion, to me amps with a lot of gain that works with all the tubes saturated is not the analogic natural saturation. jimy hendrix achieves overdriven natural sounds with a lot of amps just in clean channels and connecting them in cascade that is totally natural because there was some tubes saturated and other not. For me that sounds is very nice, all other sounds a la metal zone is totally unreal, I hate it and try to avoid and skip that amps.

Hey buddy, cool down!
I respect your opinions and experiences regarding the ADA. My point is that you're dismissing the ADA too quickly. Now I know you've been an ADA user for years, but the fact that you've found something that works better for you doesn't mean the old gear is all of a sudden a POS.
And I think the fact that after almost 20 years in the market (and the company out of business for a long time) and it still is a desirable piece of equipment for a signicant amount of people is evidence enough that they did something right there.
Maybe you missed the point that I was recomending it as a complement to what Masque already has, not a substitute.
In no way adding the single-rack-space MP-1 will turn his rig into a refrigerator, it will just add more colors to his rig, which might be more along the line of the sounds that he's stating he's missing from the TA. As you've rightly said, no gear is everything to everyone. And you have to keep in mind that the ADA is quite good replicating M-sounds, which might not be your cup of tea, but that is a very popular and desirable sound.
Also bear in ming that the TA has a lot more gain and saturation than the ADA, so your point about multiple cascaded stages turning sine waves into square waves might just as easily applicable to the TA as to the MP-1.
I consider both great pieces of equipment, both birds of a different feather and so one has to appreciate the beauty in each.
BTW, yo estoy en el caribe, Rep. Dom.

Now I know you've been an ADA user for years, but the fact that you've found something that works better for you doesn't mean the old gear is all of a sudden a POS.
yes but i´m the classical pragmatic man, the things I don´t use the things i would sell, so i just become to use the triaxis so i sell the ada, it sounds so eighties to me

it still is a desirable piece of equipment for a signicant amount of people is evidence enough that they did something right there.
a fetish toy :wink:

In no way adding the single-rack-space MP-1 will turn his rig into a refrigerator, it will just add more colors to his rig

of course but in the same way you could add a jmp1 a rocktron preamp..... and so till you get your frigde full :lol: and who could then move all the tons of equipment, so much for my back

As you've rightly said, no gear is everything to everyone
ummmm total agree :D and what about to get extra sounds with some overdrive stompboxes like a ts9???'

ostia compadre dominicano ehhhh :D yo nunca he estado alli pero macho hay unas pelis q salen unas mulatitas muy guapas, es verdad que alli las chicas van en bikini, podrias subir alguna foto de alguna amiguita tuya al foro, seguro q te lo agradeceremos, la verdad es que con tanto amplificador y tanto tio por aqui suelto esto parece un foro gay, subenos unas fotillos socio :D

fatboy135 said:
verdad es que con tanto amplificador y tanto tio por aqui suelto esto parece un foro gay, subenos unas fotillos socio :D

fale por voce que e gay eu nao sou.

Speak for yourself you gay.Im not gay

Ablas espaniol,spanish ,portugues portuguese , be carefull some people here understand what you are saying.

Jokes are realy welcome but joking around in other language than the current language of the forum may sound offensive.
Be carefull

ostia compadre dominicano ehhhh yo nunca he estado alli pero macho hay unas pelis q salen unas mulatitas muy guapas, es verdad que alli las chicas van en bikini, podrias subir alguna foto de alguna amiguita tuya al foro, seguro q te lo agradeceremos, la verdad es que con tanto amplificador y tanto tio por aqui suelto esto parece un foro gay, subenos unas fotillos socio

hi my friend from rep. dominica ehhhhh. I have never been here but I saw in films that there are very beutiful girls, is it true that girls walk down the street with bikini??? could you please upload any girlfriend photo to the forum, i´m sure that we will thank it a lot , with so many amps and so many men this seems a gay forum, please upload us some photos

Guitarzan said:
In all honesty folks lets keep to the subject of Triaxis and Mp1's

Thanks,
Your friendly mod.
I was just thinking that I liked this forum better when it was a bit more classy. Thanks for helping keep it that way, Guitarzan.

- Thom

I was just thinking that I liked this forum better when it was a bit more classy
totally agree, but times seems to be changing and we must to recycle :D
anyway the last days the forum seems to be out of control, maybe it is time to take a holidays of the forum and back in the next mont, with another point of view

Certainly things has gotten a little out of hands here in the last few posts! :lol:
The spanish comments to Fatboy were not meant to offend anybody (sorry if they did), just letting the guy know there's somebody here who speaks his language too. Think of it as trying to be friendly with someone who shares your same language.
Regarding the pics...well, you're out of luck buddy, you'll have to come down here to see them for yourself. :wink:
Fatboy, I get you're point about adding endless pieces of gear to the "fridge", but once you've got the two most popular overdriven tones down (M and M/B), I guess there's not much to add to the equation. I refer to having the TA and the ADA (or JMP-1 for that matter) and having most of your bases covered.
I'm a firm believer in pedals for getting extra colors too (got a bunch of them for that), I completely agree with you on that. But pedals only get you soo far, then the preamp takes over, if you know what I mean.

my offtopic comment is a stupid comment without any intention to hurt anybody
ummmm i want to go rep. dominicana, ummmm what about invite me to your home or better to a girl friend home :D
about the triaxis and mp1 i have both at the same time and i just get a ts9 deluxe and a rat, so with the triaxis and those two pedals i just get all the tones i need, so for that reason i sold the ada.
i think that triaxis is an awesome preamp just combined with a few pedals could get the atila hordes, so i recomend to all triaxis users to get a good pack of tube preamps and a 3 or 4 pedals you could get a profesional equipment.
the triaxis is a so hard preamp to achieve the perfect tones, there are a lot of people that sell it because they don´t want to spend so much time ( sometimes a year) to get a good tone, but when you achieve it and combi them with a few pedals you only need all your mind to get your music into the 7th sky

Fatboy, sorry I can't acomodate you at my home, it's a very small space for my wife and I already! But don't let that stop you from coming down here for vacations, I'm sure you'll have a great time.
One question about pedals and the TA for you all guys:
Do pedals work ok in the loop of the TA or is it better to keep them in line after the preamp as with rack effects? I'm talking about modulation and delay effects of course. I know first hand that rack proccessors work better out of the loop than in in the TA.
When I had my TA I never tried pedals with it, just a few OD and boost boxes but no mod or delay stuff.
I'm thinking about buying a TA again, but a I'm trying to trick a guy into selling me his IIc+, so it's either that or the TA.

Quick and to the point before i have to leave for a gig.

Cleans: Great bell like tones
Leads: Perfect leads. Very smooth
Rhythms: Too harsh for my ears. It just didn't have that solid "feel" like my other amps or the Mark IV/Rectos i owned a while back.
Here's a live example.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njw043XuFa8

when you get a looper/ router/ switcher / the name you want :D all that matters become minimal. once you have the pedals on a switcher all the transmission issues are forgeted and you could just combine them in the loop, in front or after, it is a taste matter.
If you hadn´t a switcher/ router it´s recomended to put the pedals just in front of the preamp, for the electronics and signals trasmisions issues

Ive just read the this thread, ive recently posted a request for settings for the triaxis 2:90 and gmajor ive bought, there is alot of people here that really seem to like and have achieved amazing sounds with the triaxis and 2:90.

Sooooo in a cheeky way any of you guys willing to share some settings for me to try out :) looking for leads mainly,

Any responce would be greatly welcomed and if you have the gmajor aswell yay!!

Cheers guys, always helpful reading!

Latest posts

Back