triple recto FX loop issue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaredrutledge

Reaction score
hey all, was just messing around with a new EH delay i bought and noticed that my FX loop doesn't seem to be working on my TR. if i set the switch to "bypass loop" everything sounds fine, but if i use any of the other options (which would engage the solo and output controls, as well as the loop) the thing goes silent. the only noise i can get out of it is a very small amount of volume on channel 3. i was thinking maybe my preamp tube in v4 has gone bad, but i dunno. any ideas?

not to point out the obvious but how is the level setting on the back of the amp?

Did you ever get to the bottom of this problem ? I have the same thing with my Lonestar.

I've sussed it (on my Lonestar at least) with a bit of digging around on this forum. Seems to be a known issue with some modern era boogies. If you're not using the FX loop but want the 'solo' facility, try placing a good quality patch lead between the send and return and turn the dial to around 1 o'clock. Solved the problem for me...nothing wrong with the valves. Good luck

Back