Triple Rec 3ch Salve out noise

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zystudios

Reaction score
I've got a weird sputtering buzz on my Slave out. It's loudest on my green channel and almost non-existent on my orange channel. I'm using it to record through a Line 6 PODX3Live cab sim and the FX send doesnt get the tone required for recording.

I plugged the Slave Out into the Power Amp section on my Combo amp and the sputtering is still there. Though the speaker jacks produce no such sound. The sputtering buzz is only on the slave out and not on the FX Send. Could it be tubes or a more serious problem?

Here is an unrelated question. I've heard people say you can run the amp with less power tubes. Which ones can I remove and what orientation should the remaining tubes be in?

Thanks
Z
[email protected]

I have figured out that I must have a speaker jack plugged into a speaker for the Slave out to give a clean signal. Other wise if the speaker jack is not used the Tubes light up nice and bright blue and I get an annoying buzzing sputter over the slave out.

Kinda defeats the purpose of the slave? Maybe? In my case.

Dude you are so lucky you didn't have your head explode on you. YOU ALWAYS NEED A SPEAKER OR SOME KIND OF LOAD HOOKED UP TO YOUR HEAD OR BOOOOOM! You are lucky if all you did was seriously shorten tube life. READ YOUR MANUAL! The slave out is intended to run to another power amp for using additional speakers, not as a silent recording output.

Latest posts

Back