trim pot mod

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazbin

Reaction score
I am curious about adding trim pots to my RK1. Has anyone done this mod? It seems that I have read how Mesa sets up their bias cold. Could I be able to obtain a much warmer tone with the bias properly set? Any feedback would be appreciated.

You just have to replace the bias resistors for the 6L6's with a trim pot.
The only issues I would have is that the progressive linkage using two 6L6's may cause the bias to go higher than expected as the current draw is cut from 4 or 6 tubes to two. It may be nominal and biased for this occurence. The EL34 bias circuit on the RK already has a trim pot for bias adjustment. It's a small blue trimmer with a gold screw. It's set pretty hot already. The smartest advice I can offer is to find someone who **** well knows what they are doing. The schematic and circuit board are a beast to figure out. The circuit board is scary and there are leads and ribbon cables all over, so find someone who has the hands of a surgeon to avoid burnt cables and endless problem solving in the future.

hi boogiebabies, is there a Road King schematic?

Latest posts

Back