Triaxis Sound clips anyone??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarz69

Reaction score
So last night I'm at rehearsal and this new band moves in to another room a few doors down the hall. I'm walking by there room and... {{****! Nasty guitar tone behind that door!}} So of course I gotta check them it out. Well...to my shock this guy has almost the same rig as I.

Here's mine:
2:90
Triaxis (All JJ's) Serial #4400's
BBE 482
Line 6 POD pro xt (FX ONLY)
2 marshall 4x12 with v30's & GT 75 X pattern
ESP standard II Eclip EMG 85 bridge 81 neck
His:
VHT 2-50-2
Triaxis (Stock mesa tubes since he bought it used 3 years ago!) Serial #3900's
BBE 482i
Line 6 Pod XT live (FX Only as well)
2 2x12 THD cabs
Assorted Jackson, Ibenez

His rig blew mine away! WHY???? :evil:
His sounded much more full with a huge fluid like drive on LD2 with a longer sustain. We're talking Nigel sustain. I copied his setting for Ld2 red put them on my rig. Nope. Not the same. He claims I'm hearing the tubes or the VHT. No F'n way. I've been down that road a million times. VHT makes a fine power amp but I know thats not what I'm hearing. It's not the FXs. I by-passed that stuff right away. BBE? same settings 12 o'clock all. Not the room. There the same size. etc... I plugged my guitar into his and it sounded even better. WTF? My next move is to ask if I can plug his cabs in my rig. He's gonna think I'm a freak. But I am. That has to be it right? But the sustain??? Na can't be. Weird. Anyways does anyone have some audio clips of a NO Phat mode Ld2 red settings on here? Maybe there's something wrong with mine. I just need to here someone else's rig before I loose my mind.
Funny thing too I have to add. He thinks my rigs sounds much better. Go figure.

this was posted by me in another thread.......

Here's the link....

http://musicexe.com/trigger.htm

the tune is called "itchy trigger" its all recorded with Boogie. I used my Triaxis and 20/20 thru a Rectifier 4 x 12 cab loaded with 30 watt celestions. Mic used was a Beta 57a on the rhythm parts and I miced in stereo on the solo with the beta 57a and a Neumann TLM 103. The guitar was PRS custom 22. Hope you dig it! Please let me know what you guys think.

the rythym parts were with lead 2 green the solo was lead 2 red...the solo has a wah and quite a bit of chrous on it. but it shoudl work ok for you....if you PM me your email address I can probably dig up some really dry straight forward stuff I did with lead 2 red as well....just let me know.

A few years ago a friend of mine brought his triaxis to my home.
We notice that my triaxis had a better sound than his.
They had same tubes and we plugged them in the 2.90 and marshall 4X12.
Mine sounded very raw,with beautifull bass and sustain.
His sounded very thin with a mid type of tone,I mean lots of mid but no treble or bass.Seemed like a triaxis through a telephone.
To answer your question 2 equaly equipments can sound very different altough it is good you are trying to see why is that but dont change equipments like cabnets etc just hear 2 triaxis on phone.
This way it is more easy and simple to identify if this difference comes from the triaxis.
Hope I could helped you
luck

masque said:
this was posted by me in another thread.......

Here's the link....

http://musicexe.com/trigger.htm

the tune is called "itchy trigger" its all recorded with Boogie. I used my Triaxis and 20/20 thru a Rectifier 4 x 12 cab loaded with 30 watt celestions. Mic used was a Beta 57a on the rhythm parts and I miced in stereo on the solo with the beta 57a and a Neumann TLM 103. The guitar was PRS custom 22. Hope you dig it! Please let me know what you guys think.

the rythym parts were with lead 2 green the solo was lead 2 red...the solo has a wah and quite a bit of chrous on it. but it shoudl work ok for you....if you PM me your email address I can probably dig up some really dry straight forward stuff I did with lead 2 red as well....just let me know.

Wow! Your green channel sounds almost like mine. really good. Your red is like his. Awesome! It's weird I can't quite put my finger on it. My doesn't sound like that. I'm going to change a tube or 2 tonight. Maybe over a course of time it started going bad and I just didn't notice. I could be wrong but if it's a bad tube wouldn't green be effected with it too? Same socket for Ld2 right? I don't freakin know. I'm going to do more research on this guys rig once I know him better. BTW Masque your clip was exactly what I was looking for. I play the same material as you. And that song is very cool. Kick *** solo too. Nice stuff! :D

Latest posts

Back