TREMOVERB making quiet pulsating noise - PLEASE HELP

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vrtrooper

Reaction score
On the Orange channel (more than Red) I'm getting a very quiet pulsating noise when I stoping playing. I've tried:

- new fuse
- disconnecting reverb
- tremolo controls are set to 0
- all different ground options
- different wall sockets

Suggestions ?!?!

Turn off the tremolo switch for the orange channel right next to the speed/depth knobs. Make sure they are both in the down position.

Sounds like the tremolo is bleeding through! If you leave it switched out, does the pulsating increase/decrease when the modulation controls are adjusted? How does the switch feel?

With all the tremolo switched off it still pulsates. The a actual tremolo controls have no effect on the pulse either, I always keep them at 0 anyways...

How is this fixed ?

Have you tried toggling between the Silicon Diode and Tube Rectifiers? Just a thought :idea:

vrtrooper said:
With all the tremolo switched off it still pulsates. The a actual tremolo controls have no effect on the pulse either, I always keep them at 0 anyways...

How is this fixed ?

Drag man, I thought maybe it was something simple.

Someone was telling me today about 'LDRs' ?? Light detecting resistors used for channel switching ?

Had a similar problem and they had to have a tech replace those...

????

If it's an early TOV, it may need the tech update bulletin.
You have to check the value of 4 resistors. The early ones were known to eat LDR's.

It's listed at www.tubefreak.com under schematics for the TOV.

Latest posts

Back