tone cheat sheet?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goneloco

Reaction score
where can I get a tone cheat sheet? my combo didn't come with one. I even got it sealed in a box.
any photos of one?

If you mean the little things that go on top of the amp, there isn't one. There are sample settings in the manual though.

phyrexia said:
If you mean the little things that go on top of the amp, there isn't one. There are sample settings in the manual though.
Hmm... If you look on the third page, second picture in the 6th post (Oldschool) of this thread http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=38801&start=30, you'll notice something that looks like a cheat sheet. Also, I thought I saw another post where the poster had both the tags and the cheat sheet on the amp.

I would be interested in seeing a picture of the cheatsheet too. My amp didn't come with one either...

thanks

phyrexia, you ordered yours early IIRC.... maybe the first run didn't come w/ them?

LPJunky said:
I feel stupid but I have to ask. What is a cheat sheet?
It's a sheet of plastic (?) that sits on top of the amp that illustrates some basic settings. You can see a bit of it in this post: http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=38801&start=30. On page 3, the 6th post down by Oldschool, second photo, you can make out the graphic eq "V" settings. They are supposed to ship with the amps along with the manual, warranty, etc.

kiff said:
phyrexia, you ordered yours early IIRC.... maybe the first run didn't come w/ them?

I did order in January before NAMM, but my amp is still 518, pretty far off in the run. (I haven't had any faceplate problems or anything...I have had zero issues with my amp so far. even mixing tubes in 10w mode!)

Mesa calls them "Coaster Cards" and they came with the Mark IV's. I relied on it to find the switches in the back without turning the amp around, still do. Mine didn't come with one either (first run head).

Yes, my MKV head came with the "cheat sheet". It´s probably something that they didn´t have ready for the first run (mine is se: MKV-875).
There was actually nothing on the cheat sheet that I hadn´t read on this forum, so I removed it and took the MKV to a gig last weekend and had no problem dialing in great tones in a couple of minutes. I found the MarkV much simpler to use than the MkIV I owned back in the 90´s and with a useable R2 channel for a change (I loved the Edge mode on channel 2). I can´t wait to play it again next weekend!!!

Someone scan one and post it if they can be bothered. I would really like this so I don't have to walk around the back of the amp to change pentode/triode etc.

Mowbrayster said:
The manual with the "cheat sheet" is on the boogie website.

Sorry, I do not see this. Can you point me to the page? I only see suggested tone settings and a parts list. Other comments suggest that it has a back panel layout which helps when accessing the rear controls without having to move the amp around.

th0rr said:
Mowbrayster said:
The manual with the "cheat sheet" is on the boogie website.

Sorry, I do not see this. Can you point me to the page? I only see suggested tone settings and a parts list. Other comments suggest that it has a back panel layout which helps when accessing the rear controls without having to move the amp around.

Actually to hell with it. I contacted Mesa and discussed the issue with them. They are sending me one for my amp. :D

I got my amp today, and I didn´t get a cheat sheet.

Another strange thing is that the serial# is 324. I thought they had gotten further. I´ve seen some amps in the 5-600 range. Mine is straight from the factory, to the swedish importer, to the store and to me. I ordered it early July.

Back