this always happens!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndsquared

Reaction score
So...I wait till I find the perfect Mark IIc so I can get it modded...sent mine off yesterday...paid $1,600.00 for mine w/ graphic and 60/100 switch.It's going to cost 450 for the mod and service.
My total is $2,050.00
one just hit e-bay for $1,800.00!!! oh well...mine is a bit cleaner!

ndsquared said:
So...I wait till I find the perfect Mark IIc so I can get it modded...sent mine off yesterday...paid $1,600.00 for mine w/ graphic and 60/100 switch.It's going to cost 450 for the mod and service.
My total is $2,050.00

don't worry about it man, at least you KNOW what you're dealing with and yours is in the bag. When you get it back and start to play it it won't matter what is on e-bay
Enjoy, Jim

av8or3 said:
ndsquared said:
My total is $2,050.00

don't worry about it man, at least you KNOW what you're dealing with and yours is in the bag. When you get it back and start to play it it won't matter what is on e-bay
Enjoy, Jim
+1-jIM is right...screw it

Yep! you're both right!!! that's what I get for cruising e-bay to validate what a great deal I got...I've been waiting for this amp my whole life( don't get me wrong, I had a serious love affair with a Dual Rectifier and a Hiwatt before that) but the IIC+ has always been the girl in High School i wish I'd hooked up with...

I get back from Ca. in Feb, I'll button up the Boogie and have a blast! Now I just need to solve my FX situation...I slave out to a Rocktron Xpression into my Seymour Duncan convertible (Boogie dry,SD full wet) but I'm not thrilled with the X yet...any xperience with the H2O pedal?

and thanks for the sage advice! 8)

So I was supposed to get my modded Mark IIC+ back from Petaluma today - I live in Australia btw. I payed for shipping to and from the states, the IIC+ mod, general service and a new head cabinet for my baby. Long story short, I get back from work and the UPS place in Sydney is moving to a new residence, so I have to wait til Wednesday until they will deliver it! FYI I've been ampless since the second last week of November.

It's always worth having an amp you know and trust be modded by the one and only, even if it does mean terribly expensive costs!

hugsy41 said:
So I was supposed to get my modded Mark IIC+ back from Petaluma today - I live in Australia btw. I payed for shipping to and from the states, the IIC+ mod, general service and a new head cabinet for my baby. Long story short, I get back from work and the UPS place in Sydney is moving to a new residence, so I have to wait til Wednesday until they will deliver it! FYI I've been ampless since the second last week of November.

It's always worth having an amp you know and trust be modded by the one and only, even if it does mean terribly expensive costs!

Aaaargh! I feel your pain!

LOL - that's nothing - get ready to cry:

I made the mistake of buying a 1981 Gibson Flying V I saw on ebay but did an off-site deal.
I was a bidder but the seller took the auction down before it ended due to questions coming up if it had been refinished.
I hit him up and offered to buy it anyway because I was having the "gottahaveits" because I missed my old 1979 V.
Well, I buy it from him off of ebay and the day I get it, it's no doubt refinished...WITH A SPRAY CAN!! It was still tacky!
It had also been stripped but the grain wasn't sanded/filled in prior to the spray job.
I was in shock but still being positive, I took it to a guitar shop to have it refinished and when I got it back they had sanded off the serial number on the back of the headstock during the process! So, it looks great but is essentially worthless to anyone else but me.
Luckily, I still love and play this guitar, but at least you're only out a few bucks in potential purchase savings.
Your amp still has a value. I have over 2 grand in a vintage guitar that isn't resellable. LOL - live and learn.

JOEY B. said:
ndsquared said:
oh well...mine is a bit cleaner!

Did you see the rusty transformers that you would get for that $1800.00?

Holy ****! I totally missed that....looks like it's been dredged out of the swamp! Also the one I got is really clean...I feel sooo much better! Thanks for sharing!

Sorry about the V...at least you have an axe you'll keep!

I'm positive the C+ will the amp of my dreams.

cabba2203 said:
LOL - that's nothing - get ready to cry:

I made the mistake of buying a 1981 Gibson Flying V I saw on ebay but did an off-site deal.
I was a bidder but the seller took the auction down before it ended due to questions coming up if it had been refinished.
I hit him up and offered to buy it anyway because I was having the "gottahaveits" because I missed my old 1979 V.
Well, I buy it from him off of ebay and the day I get it, it's no doubt refinished...WITH A SPRAY CAN!! It was still tacky!
It had also been stripped but the grain wasn't sanded/filled in prior to the spray job.
I was in shock but still being positive, I took it to a guitar shop to have it refinished and when I got it back they had sanded off the serial number on the back of the headstock during the process! So, it looks great but is essentially worthless to anyone else but me.
Luckily, I still love and play this guitar, but at least you're only out a few bucks in potential purchase savings.
Your amp still has a value. I have over 2 grand in a vintage guitar that isn't resellable. LOL - live and learn.

Wow! Sorry to hear this. I can't help but wonder if there is legal recourse you can take with this shop. :evil:
Any music store/repair shop with half a brain should know better than to do this! :roll:
I wish you....
Good luck! :)

ndsquared said:
My total is $2,050.00

You are not doing the right math, here. :wink:
If you want to make a proper comparison, you still need to add the $150 to $200 service to those $1,800.
Good catch!

I think it's one of Murphy's laws... You shouldn't really worry about seeing better deals after you've bought something. it's almost inevitable, and as long you didn't get a horrible deal, then oh well...

Back