Thinking behind the rectifiers...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boogiebabies said:
I bought my 93 for 2K with a matching 4X12.
You just have to find the desperate sellers.

yeah, i hear ya. and i hate you for it. ha ha ha. it is so much easier to snag rectos from spoiled kids whos mommy and daddy have a guitar center card. the 2 amps i need to add are Slo and XTC but it is hard to find "motivated" selllers. i have one that is looking to off a decatone, but i'm not sure if it is worth it. never played one.

Boogiebabies said:
John,

You are a madman.

Randall knew he would not have to supply rim jobs because Mike did not patent the design.
Basically, everone and thier brother can steal from the SLO design. It's often imitated, but never duplicated. Soldano cannot even duplicate it in there other amps.

Ed

boogie "volvo" babies,

I'm using 6 filter caps in my own design super-amp... I've "learned" it from SLO. One thing I'll do is patent the design and copyright the board when it's done and the cash is available. I've hear that patent lawyers can become quite expensive, I wonder if that was Mike Soldano's reason...

I'm working on a detailed comparison of the 2 Ch Recto '93 schematic and the SLO, it'll be up on my website when it's done.

Btw Ed, why can't Soldano duplicate the SLO in their other amps?

Latest posts

Back