The Mark IV thread....!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reading up here is not helping my Mark IV gas...the wait is killing me :?

ETA says it will be here late July/early August...let's hope :D

I'm too impatient, I couldn't order something and have to wait that long, if I put out the cash I want the product right then :D :twisted:
Thought I'd rub it in a little more, I was just playing with mine for about 4 hours today :twisted: :D 8)

That's mean :(

When I get my amp, I promise you I will top that 4 hours :D

In repayment for your meanness, you can click on the link in my sig and send a vote for my band in the battle of the bands :D

My amp is naked right now, my head shell is still about 4 weeks away....

DSCN1463.jpg

The wait will be worth it......

I've been busy with a course I'm taking and my MKIV is just sitting in the corner of the room all lonely! I'm sorry...that was mean. ;) Now don't anyone start going on about their IIC+ that would burn me!

I put a Century 80 watter in a Lonestar, blew it up after two gigs, even at the 50 watt setting. Sounded almost as good as a G12-T00 (bit less bottom), but it couldn't take the juice. EV's rule. LS also POS, going back to MK III until MK IV arrives.

DaveyJack said:
I've heard that MK IIC have a more agressive Lead than MKIV?

It might be the MK III you are thinking of. Bad thing about the III is that it shares eq b/w the lead and clean channel. It has been said that finding a happy medium is hard.

MusicManJP6 said:
DaveyJack said:
I've heard that MK IIC have a more agressive Lead than MKIV?

It might be the MK III you are thinking of. Bad thing about the III is that it shares eq b/w the lead and clean channel. It has been said that finding a happy medium is hard.

that sounds right .. the mk IV is the smoothest out of the II III IV .. the IIc+ are alot more agressive than the mkIV which makes them great for rhy..

ibanez4life SZ! said:
Reading up here is not helping my Mark IV gas...the wait is killing me :?

ETA says it will be here late July/early August...let's hope :D

i still got 6 weeks wait on my mark IV. my patience is being tested big time!

Shep said:
the mk IV is the smoothest out of the II III IV .. the IIc+ are alot more agressive than the mkIV which makes them great for rhy..

In that case, how does one make the MarkIV sound more aggressive, without modifying the circuitry?

petejt said:
Shep said:
the mk IV is the smoothest out of the II III IV .. the IIc+ are alot more agressive than the mkIV which makes them great for rhy..

In that case, how does one make the MarkIV sound more aggressive, without modifying the circuitry?

more top's..alittle less gain..pentode setting..basically things that make it less smooth.. less mid's help..

Shep said:
petejt said:
Shep said:

more top's..alittle less gain..pentode setting..basically things that make it less smooth.. less mid's help..

Thanks for the advice. 8)

So, are you saying that, to make it MORE smooth, the reverse of what I want, would be to have less tops (treble), add more gain, triode setting, and more mids?

An EQ in the loop can definitely make your MkIV more "aggressive." I had mine sounding insane earlier today by boosting the highs and lows a bit, cutting the mids a bit and putting in some boost. Not a sound I would want to use a lot but it was kinda fun for a little bit.

Latest posts

Back