The inevitable "what does your username mean?" pos

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RR, my initial. But if you guys got the impression stands for "Rock 'n' Roll" that's fine with me 8)

toddzilla said:
I spent the night at my bass player's house after a gig and in the morning his kids were all sitting on me watching Godzilla eats pittsburg or some such. His wife came downstairs and said,"get off Todd!!" The youngest of the three replied' "it's OK Mom, ToddZilla said he didn't mind."

My bass player heard it and introduced me as ToddZilla that night... and so it goes. :?

this goes under the category of "and I thought I was SOOOO original"

When the Godzilla movie came out (the recent one) it was near Halloween Time so I decided to go that year as ToddZilla.

My friend Melissa still refers to me as that, all these years later.

Toddzilla-vi.jpg

When my Gibson Explorer was stolen, I was devastated. Since Hendrix & SRV style was what I loved, I decided to get a Strat. I drove all over the state of Texas looking for the "Perfect" Strat. I finally found the magic one in Austin, Texas. I called my wife & told her how much it costs. She said this better be your last guitar, so if you're happy with it, get it. So, she calls the guitar "Happy", so do I.

P.S. Since then, I've bought a Gibson LP Standard & a Martin D-28

It majorly sux when a guitar you really prize gets stolen. My Ricky 4001 got lifted years ago and I was pretty devastated up for quite a while over that. Shopping for a suitable replacement can be it's own brand of therapy.

My name started when I was practicing with the Contemporary Christian group I play with. One night we were practicing a cover song, and I asked one of the other members, "Who is this song by?", and he said Big Daddy Weave, and I said, Big Daddy Weed?, we laughed for several minutes. (it's funnier when you say it in a church) Anyway, a couple of days later I thought, that would be a good catchy name for a band. At the time, I had been writing quite a lot of comedy rock songs, and I finally deciced to put it all together, and "The Big Daddy Weed Show" was born. My bass player from the classic rock band I play for agreed reluctantly to try it with me, he kept saying, this is stupid. Well, after we played out a few times, he couldn't get enough of it.

My surname is Macleod and the clan Macleod motto is 'Hold Fast'...dunno what its suppose to mean tho.

I'm Grandor.

Been my net avatar since about '03.
I just made it up one day and its stuck.

Also found this very cool pic that goes with it.
grandorcolorglow5.jpg

Back