the first mesa of my life~~~

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s70201s

Reaction score
Hey guys!!
I recently got my first tube amp~~lovly Mark V :D

But there's some question..when i unpacking the amp , the tubes didn't have the plastic webs..(becus they has cage?)
and the A.C cord was already conneted the amp.Is it normal?.. :?:

p.s I bought it form MesaHollywood

Mine didn't have plastic on the tubes, it was from Haggertymusic. I ordered it online. As for the Power cord, mine was the same. Nothing to be worried about as long as you have the black folder with the manual and warranty info along with the footswitch + case and the Mark V combo/head cover.

Congrats on the new amp. You have chosen wisely. Many tones to tweak.

Great amp all in all. I would encourage you to read the manual first, use some of the factory ideas, and then learn how the tone knobs interact with each other, the preset depth, and EQ all play together. In some modes you may find the tone controls have a different 'center' than others.

I only spent the first 3 months tweaking for half of my alotted practice time.... :lol: A pad to record great settings became essential.

Congrats!

Wow, pretty cool first tube amp. Forget everything you think you know about amps, and as others have pointed out, RTFM! Forget about what "looks right" on the knobs. Use your ears.

Congratz on you amp!

I'm worried too about plastic webing manual was talking about.
I looked inside my head and there no such thing on power tube. However there is some cover on pre-amp tube and I haven't removed them yet. Should I do it?

Congrats!! I agree with all other posters. Definitely become familiar with the amp by reading the manual, but most importantly use your ears using your guitar. There are so many great sounds available in the V. Definitely experiment, and don't feel like you need to dime the gain. Gain settings in the middle regions (11 - 2o'clock) in all modes of each channel can yield excellent sounds!!

Good luck! :D

Hey thanks !!you guys are so friendly :D

Sure I'll read the manual, holp I can find my dream tone soon 8)

thank all of you :lol: !!

Congrats and enjoy.

As others have said, no plastic on the tubes is normal.

It's an intimidating amp to tweak. The knobs work differently than on other amps.

My advice:
1. After a few months, try EL34s instead of 6L6s. IMO, they sound fuller and smoother in this amp.
2. Don't use the extreme V. Keep the 750 slider above that bottom line.
3. Remember that besides the gain knob, the treble, master, and mid knobs all add gain in their own way. So, experiment with different ways of getting higher gain sounds.

eudaimonia02912 said:
Congrats and enjoy.

As others have said, no plastic on the tubes is normal.

It's an intimidating amp to tweak. The knobs work differently than on other amps.

My advice:
1. After a few months, try EL34s instead of 6L6s. IMO, they sound fuller and smoother in this amp.
2. Don't use the extreme V. Keep the 750 slider above that bottom line.
3. Remember that besides the gain knob, the treble, master, and mid knobs all add gain in their own way. So, experiment with different ways of getting higher gain sounds.

+1 on that ^

Latest posts

Back