The Ace has arrived! *w/ highgain clips*

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platypus

Reaction score
Shop called me this morning, my Ace has arrived.. I'm sitting at work drooling over it right now, can't go get it for a few more hours.

I'm thinking of cutting out early to grab it! :oops:

Edit:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?p=55641#55641

Clips begin on page 4.

Congrats Platy! Once you break it in, I'm going to hound you for some clips! I'm also thinking about one but I'll wait until you can give a review on it.

Oh trust me, there will be a mountain of pics and clips and words when I've had to break her in (might be a bit because of holiday).

And yes, I should have said 'going to' instead of 'thinking about' :D

Cool!
4_1_10v.gif

Did you get the 1-12" or the 2x12"?
36_11_6.gif
Couldn't resist!

RR said:
Cool!
4_1_10v.gif

Did you get the 1-12" or the 2x12"?
36_11_6.gif
Couldn't resist!

lol... I have yet to play them side by side, that's what I'll be doing this afternoon :)

If I'd only brought an axe to work.. gonna have to use something there.

Platypus said:
Ok I can't take it anymore, heading down to get it :)
Watching these comments almost makes feel like I'm the one waiting for the Ace! :) Can't wait to hear clips and your full report man. I am sure you will be grinning ear to ear... Enjoy!

Let me know how the cleans are?? Are they better or worse than a Recto's cleans? Are the chimey or warm (Vox or Fender)?

Oh by the way, CONGRATS man!!!! Can't wait to hear you're review!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Just got it home, pics to come in a few after I stop laughing. I played the two side by side (for those of you who didn't know, was regretting getting the 2x12 over the 1x12) and honestly there was a difference... but it was subtle as hell. It wasn't nearly as drastic as the stuff I'd read and honestly, I think it sounded BETTER.. way more wallop to the notes.

So stoked right now.. pics within the hour!

was regretting getting the 2x12 over the 1x12) and honestly there was a difference... but it was subtle as hell. It wasn't nearly as drastic as the stuff I'd read and honestly, I think it sounded BETTER.. way more wallop to the notes.

Face it man.. You're just sayin that.. You know fine rightly the 2x12 wouldda been wayyyy better :p

Just Kiddin Man. :p Major Congrats! Get some photo's/Clips up ASAP! :D

congrats man,

I am so high right now nad I am JEALOUS

god **** man, couldn't happen to a better el34 lovin' mesa boogie rockin' dude

Yeah buddy... in her rightful place next to big brother.

This amp has so many shades of grey that I just can't begin to explain... the inbetween modes are breathtaking. I found a tone on every 6 of the preamp modes that is just brilliant and spent no longer than 30 seconds adjusting the EQ on it.. just plug in and go, no bullshit.

This amp is going to be effect-less as far as I'm concerned, it needs absolutely nothing but the guitar and the chord, the first amp I've owned like that since my old Fender twin.

ace1.jpg

ace2.jpg

ace3.jpg

I'll get some clips going soon, I'd much rather just play right now as you can imagine! Check back here probably friday for some EL34 lovin'

Interesting sidenote.. Mesa shipped it with a 5U4GB rectifier instead of the 5U4 it was supposed to come with.. huge improvement! Also, the front layout is different than what's in the manual :D

Scary Guy IRL said:
Off Topic:

Is that a Gibson Power Auttenator? On top of the DR? :? :?:

Yes, it's the THD HotPlate rebraned to a Gibson; only difference besides the name and paintjob is a balanced XLR port on the back with adjust knob.

Latest posts

Back