The 22+ did the trick!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

22+

Reaction score
Just want to say that I mostly play for fun and never played in a real band but I can do a few things pretty good (ac/dc type stuff) and I got the nerve up and went to the local bar that has a jam night with the house band.

I was soooo nervous and had to have a few beers to take the edge off. The dudes in the band were real nice and said just go for it so I sat off to the side abit with my sg and 22+ and we did ...highway to hell with solo, you shook me with solo and hells bells without solo, can't swing that solo but I rock the rhythm. LOL..

I don't recall what they were using but as soon as I started playing the TONE had EVERYONE liking what ever I played!! Plus I picked song that I knew would get the crowd going. I fucked up time or 2 ( I don't think anyone even noticed) but it went way better than I expected.

My 22+ current tube line up is...

V-1...165 made in Holland labeled Hammond
V-2...short gray RCA
V-3...long gray GE labeled Wurlitzer
V-4...short gray GE
V-5...long black Raytheon labeled Baldwin

power tubes are some old bugleboy 7189 that are still kickin after a pulled them from an old stereo.

eminance gb-12 speaker
gibson sg standard

This rig has a great ac/dc type sound and when cranked up that 22+ sounded NICE!!

This next part you will get a kick out of.......My first groopie was the FATTEST girl in the bar.LOL....

Anyhow they want me to come back and jam some other time so I guess I did ok.
I need to get over the nerve thing and loosen up more but it's very hard for me to do that in front of a crowd of people but I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

Just wanted to tell that story and thank you BOOGIE and GIBSON for making me sound better than I am.

Really nice post, cheers for sharing!

Boogies make you feel that you're playing above your head, but really they just invite you to put more of yourself into it - don't give the amp all the credit!

Congrats!!!!

The amp and guitar just express whats on the inside!!!

Mick

Congrats on playin' live!!! It does take a certain amount of courage to do that, and it does get easier the more often you jam out with others. The 22+ is a great amp to jam out with too. If you ever get a chance plug that little monster into a good 4X12 cab and enjoy!! :twisted: She'll really start growlin' at you! :mrgreen:

Thank's for all the cool comments. I had a blast and will definitely do it again.

I bought this amp new and other than tubes and dirty effects send/return jacks (I run a short cord in it) I've never had any trouble with it. It's nice that you can bring nothing more than a amp-guitar-cord and have the guys in the band compliment your tone.

I

Latest posts

Back