Subway Rocket

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geeshawner

Reaction score
First of all I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Shawn Gee, 16 years old, and I play the drums for the most part. However for the past couple years I've played a little guitar, bass and keyboard as well. I've taken on guitar a little more seriously lately because it is easier to play at quiet volumes, I don't have to go out to the cold garage, and its hard to enjoy playing drums without playing with someone. This doesn't mean that im going to convert or anything though, drums come most naturally to me.

I am looking at getting a Subway Rocket mainly because I can't afford any other Mesa. I have been hooked on the tone of Mesa Boogie's since I heard the band 12 Stones (http://www.12stones.com/). We also had a band by the name of Surrender come to our town and they used Mesa's and rocked. I know that they were both using rectifiers but I have no need nor enough money for something that loud.

Anyway, what do you guys think of the subway rocket? I haven't seen much talk on the boards about it. I would be using my own Korean Strat as well as my dads Parker Fly. With the Fly, I assume I should be able to get close to the 12 Stones sound right? (go to their site to listen).

How does the headphones out work for silent practicing? I have some IEM's that I would like to use with it if I could. This amp will also see use at our church, actually held in my highschool gym, by my cousin. I think it should be loud enough since we mic the amps anyway right? Any info or experiences you guys can give me would be appreciated.

Well, you're definitely not gonna get Recto tone....
This is not a high gain amp at all. It's a pushed tone at best. Great for practice at home..Blues , rock, etc. You'll need a pedal of some sort for high gain...
Maybe a V twin, that's close to recto tone, also you'll need an EQ pedal, like a GE7.
ax. :twisted:

I know I won't be getting that really high gain sound, but it should be able to provide a decent crunch right? I have a Jekyll and Hyde that I can run in front of it. Most of the time I will be playing mainstream type rock and pop anyway. I also like the way Mesa's sound clean too.

I have one, it's a great little amp for crunch and clean, but it has a bit too much mid for my taste.

That's all I can say really

Latest posts

Back