Studio Series volume drop out

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TPM

Reaction score
Hello all. I've got a Studio Series and I'm having a problem with the volume in the lead channel...while I'm playing, there will be a sudden drop in volume--not all the way off or even half, just a "lowering" of the volume, then it will come back to full volume. It does this randomly, as if there is some kind of connection problem...I'm not yet sure if it is related to how loud I'm playing, or how high the master is, etc.
My amp tech has done the modifications/corrections that MarkPurney suggested (it sounded horrific when I first bought it off Ebay), and the amp sounds great, I really really like it (thanks Mark). I hate having to give the thing back to my tech 'cause I won't see it for another week!
Any suggestions, things I could try myself? Maybe it's just a pot that needs some contact cleaner? Thanks in advance.

Tom in L.A.

Glad the mods worked for you.

The volume cutting out is most likely your effects return jack, and testing this couldn't possibly be easier:

When the volume is cutting out, connect a patch cable between your SEND and RETURN jacks. If that fixes the problem, this means the normally-closed contact in your return jack isn't making good contact. The jack needs to be cleaned or replaced.

Of course, the answer I'm always tempted to give: Your amp is no good. Sell it to me for really cheap. :p

Mark -

Thanks for the tip, I'm going to try it out tonight...hope it works, 'cause I am digging the sound of this thing!

Tom in L.A.

Back