• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Studio Series 1x12 (with problems) for sale - $250

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TPM

Reaction score
From what I've researched on this board and elsewhere, the "Studio Series" is basically the precursor to the Studio .22. It's 22 watts, 5-band EQ, dual channel, shared master volume and preamp volume, 1X12 w/Celestion Vintage 30.

This thing sounds awesome...that is, when it's working. There is this annoying, random volume drop that happens from time to time, and which I have written about on this board before. Without going into all the details, the bottom line is, I've taken this to Mesa Boogie in Hollywood two times to see if they could figure it out and they could not. John (the tech there) basically said that it could be anything, but for him to really get at the problem he would have to mess around with the board but he said the board is so fragile from being baked that it might fall apart if he messed with it. He seems honest and straightforward and so I take him at his word.

I bought it off Ebay for about $450...I'd like to sell it for $250 (other offers welcomed). Other info:
Cabinet and tolex - good condition, no rips
Speaker - looks a bit beat up, but works great, very broken in, no rips
Chassis - good shape, one button on EQ slider missing

Guys, this amp sounds incredible when it's working (which sometimes last for hours, sometimes 5 minutes...it never actually shuts off, but there is this slight drop in volume). I absolutely would not sell it if it worked properly. If any of you are handy with these amps and can figure out the problem, you'll have a great amp.

Sorry for the long post, any offers and thoughts welcomed. I'm in the Los Angeles area, if you're far away, we'll discuss shipping. Email me for pics, thanks.

Tom

Back