Studio 22+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalinaspupu

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently purchased a Boogie studio .22+. Awesome very clean amp. I believe it's a 89 - 90. It had been sitting at a local shop just wasting away for a couple years. I couldn't let that happen and brought it home. After playing for a bit I noticed that the volume would cut out and in. This is my first tube amp and I'm not sure what to look for. Any ideas?

Clean the effects loop jacks. A little DeoxIT D5 and plugging a cable in and out should do it. Even just running a cable in and out of them a few times can help.

Let us know if that solves your problem.

Just running g a cable last night did the trick. I played for about 45 min and nothing wierd happened. I am still going to get my hands on some dioxit and spray out all the jacks. Thanks a bunch Don. That was a simple fix.

It's a real common problem. Mine did that when I was testing it to buy it. Rather than telling the seller that he had a defective amp and trying to get a lower price, I put my cord in and out of the jack which straightened it out then paid full asking price for the amp. :roll:

So even if you don't use the effect loop, it happens?

I'm experiencing this problem too. But I never used the effect loop.

It would cut in-and-out like someone turn off the standby switch, then turn it on again.

I hope its as minor as cleaning the input jacks contacts.

My studio is a week old to me and it happened twice at home until I did the trick. I plan on using the effects loop but haven't tried it yet. I like a suttle slap back with the dd-7 back there.

RR said:
So even if you don't use the effect loop, it happens?

Yep. The entire signal goes through the return jack when no effects are being used. It gets dirty. Hard to believe that these amps are about 25 years old!

This is not an issue with only these amps. It's fairly common.

Same thing happened to me with my .22+

Amp needed a repair for something so when I had it done, I asked the guy to clean her insides up a bit and I haven't had the problem since.

Back