Studio .22+ dead

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mesa.22

Reaction score
I went to play my 1989 Studio .22+ w/ GEQ and it wouldn't even power up the other day. I took it in to my amp tech and he tells me it has a bad power transformer primary and can get one from Mesa, installed for $130. Weeks go by and he contacts me to say Mesa cannot supply one and have no plans to make any more. He tells me Mercury makes one, but much more expensive @ $250 installed. He says it has a special lead/connector (or something) that makes it not so common and nobody else makes one. OK, not great, but not the end of the world. I say, yes, lets go forward. I have plenty of other amps, including a Fillmore 50 head. I often run the Fillmore @25w and run it in stereo with the .22+ for a glorious sound. I also use the .22+ with a Boss IR-200 modeler into the return jack to run as a stage monitor. I love this amp and its a useful tool. I hate to just shelve it and call it a day. I see these sell for $700-1K lately, so it seems worth fixing IMO.

Mesa-Studio-22-Thiele-Cab.JPG

Thoughts and comments are welcome. I trust my tech, he has served me well and has very reasonable labor rates.

I picked up the repaired .22 this week, I took it to a gig and it’s back to top form.

I’m glad I got it fixed. My Tech cleaned all the pots too and the amp sounds great.

Last edited:
Back