studio.22+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whawha

Reaction score
Am I the only one who has a mesa b who is totaly dissapointed. what a badly made piece of hand made junk ,the tracks on the P C board are disolving,can't tell if they are slowly cooking or corroding I'm sick of having it repaired .I've tried contacting mesa boogy but to no avail and no response or reply .Should I throw it in the trash and buy a Fender.[any parts are available any where in the world to anybody for fender products] Can anyone suggest how I could aquire a circuit board or how to deal with the company Mesa BOOGIE.HA..HOW LONG IS A LIFE TIME GUARANTY or use by date :? thanks for listening

Sorry to hear your frustration. Have you called MB? What do you want to do ...send the amp back to them, or is there a service center in your country?

Well, your amp is probably close to 20 years old. How many times has it been on someone's bench for repair? A good tech will be able to find the issues and create a solution to "dissolving tracks". FWIW, the 22 caliber series and also DC series amps that have EL84 tubes mounted to a PC board need a little extra care. Mine is from 1985 and I know every inch of it as I am my own tech. Those tubes basically cook the PC board. Not the best design for sure. The 50 caliber with 6l6 tubes is better in that the power tubes are chassis mounted. They should have done this with the 22 caliber too. Pinching pennies by Boogie. But, a healthy 22 caliber sounds great and is worth repairing.

I love my .22+ would never part with it. I have always run a small fan blowing into the back of the unit to keep it cool, and it has worked out well. I just replaced the power tubes in it last month and the circuit board is not discolored at all. My only complaint is the lead and clean channel share the same gain control, I have heard of people adding a seperate control to remedy this problem.

I also love my Studio .22+, it was my very first Boogie, I now own 10 Mesa Boogie amps and 7 cabs. When my MK IV needed a repair (years ago) , I used the .22+ in its' place (wet/dry/wet set up) and really was surprised how great that little amp could sound . Great little amp & mine is not for sale! :!: 8) 8)

FWIW; Mesa says that the first Studio 22 was serial number FP 11,500 (Dec 88) and the last one was FP 28,500 (Aug 93).

I wonder what FP means but nobody seems to know.
Maybe F-series Prototype? Just a wild guessing.
Regards

On second thoughts, if there were 17,000 Studios .22 produced, this means Mesa produced more Studios .22 than Mark III's.
Is this true?

I sold my Studio .22+ with graphic eq a little over a year ago. It looked almost like new on both the outside and the inside. If yours is corroding away it is most likely because it has been in a corrosive environment or had something on it/in it, (maybe spilled), that made it corrode.

Boogiebabies: do you think there were 17,000 Studios .22 produced?
More Studios .22 than Mark III's?
Thanks
Daniel

Latest posts

Back