Studio 22 - Bigger Reverbtank - Impedance Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gitarrishim

Reaction score
Hi,

im an owner of a Studio 22. I'd like to replace the little internal reverbtank (it's a bit too short) with an external more "fenderish" reverb.
I need to know what impedance the internal reverb has so I can choose the right one. It's an early Studio 22 Combo without the +. The date on the board says "1985".
It's the one with a PCB mounted reverb.

Please help.
Thanks in advance.

Chris

I'm very interested int his topic as well. I would like a more fenderish reverb but I have heard of the howling reverb feedback problem with these amps. Will that possibly be worse with a larger tank? My reverb tank is bagged to cut down on that issue.

http://www.accutronicsreverb.com/ You'll have to look at the number on your tank.Go to the link I gave to the Accutronics site and see if you can find a long tank that is close to what you have.Dont know how much improvement you will see,I personally dont like any "on-board" reverbs,Fenders are a bit better than the Mesa's,but I still prefer a seperate reverb unit.

I know the .22's reverb tank is inside the chassis, but the .22+, which has the tank mounted in the cabinet, uses the short version of the same reverb tank and a Fender amp (like a Princeton Reverb).

I don't know how different the .22 and .22+ reverbs perform and sound, but I've experimented with full length tanks (two spring and three spring) in my .22+ and saw very little difference in sound between short and long tanks. I don't think it was ever intended to have the strong reverb sound of a Fender.

Back