Studio 22+ are Class A correct?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GD_NC

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's class A. (but not 100% sure) The Studio Caliber (DC-2) is a Class A for certain, so I think it's a good bet that the .22 Cal was too.

The last few I've seen for sale were in the $425-500 range. That seems to be the virtual floor for any amp with Mesa/Boogie on the front. DC-2s, DC-3s, .22 and .50/50+ all seem to fall close to range lately. Maybe a little more for a really clean one.

Well, it is labelled Pure Class A but I really think it is hot biased class AB (fixed bias). I´ve got one too by the way, and I think it is a great sounding amp. I replaced the stock speaker with a Celestion Blue which was an improvement IMO. Also have a Lonestar Special equipped with a Weber Blue Dog 30W Alnico.

GD_NC said:
I'm pretty sure it's class A. (but not 100% sure) The Studio Caliber (DC-2) is a Class A for certain, so I think it's a good bet that the .22 Cal was too.

The last few I've seen for sale were in the $425-500 range. That seems to be the virtual floor for any amp with Mesa/Boogie on the front. DC-2s, DC-3s, .22 and .50/50+ all seem to fall close to range lately. Maybe a little more for a really clean one.
The DC-2 is Dyna-Watt, but not Class A. Still sounds great, especially dimed through an EVM Thiele. Rawk! :D

:D It's worth $450 in mods and repairs! :D

'Wink's as god as a nudge to a blind man eh?' :lol:

The drawing shows that they are fixed bias, not cathode biased. So, I guess the answer would be no.

"Pure Class A" isn't Class A. I believe the only amp Boogie ever made that would truly run in Class A was the Lonestar.

Back