Strategy 400 Metallica bassolo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FC Spoiler

Reaction score
Click here
'83 Alembic - EH Little Big Muff - Morley PWB - Art Nightbass - Mesa Strategy 400 - Diesel 2 x 10 and 1 x 15
DI and Vocal/drum mic recording from our rehearsal room... Old school sound quality :mrgreen:
Starts @ 1:30

Thanx!
The guitar players were just fooling around... Both also play through Mesa BTW, a Mark IV and a Mark III head 8)

Mesaheaven.JPG

Could it be those darn Marshall cabs? :mrgreen:
Left guitar = Mark IV, Right guitar = Mark III, I think they're recorded through the recording out.
The overall guitar sound in my band is amazing, though I allready convinced the guitarplayers to get Mesa cabs :twisted:
We have some SM-57's in the practice room, I think I can come up with a clip featuring guitarsounds you will like soon. :wink:
Thanx for the comments! 8)

Sounds like the right guitar (mkIII) is clipping the recording preamp during the recording. Must be drums in the room, I thought I could hear the snare buzzing (not a bad thing, but where was he, lol).

First bass riff is great, but a hair more bass would define it as a bass in the band situation.

Of course, the way this was recorded defines the sound.

great bass sound dude, nice and clean, but what to expect from an alembic through a mesa! :D
but the guitars are just frickin horrible!:D

Here is another recording, right out of the practice room:
Click here
Sounds a bit funny due to bad mp3 conversion, I will upload a better version next week...
All Mesa sound, Mark III, Mark IV through Marshall 1960 cabs and Strategy 400 through Powerhouse/Diesel bass cabs.

Btw: I've edited the bas solo mp3, so the "bad" guitarparts and clean solo are no longer there....

FC Spoiler said:
Here is another recording, right out of the practice room:
Click here
Sounds a bit funny due to bad mp3 conversion, I will upload a better version next week...
All Mesa sound, Mark III, Mark IV through Marshall 1960 cabs and Strategy 400 through Powerhouse/Diesel bass cabs.

Btw: I've edited the bas solo mp3, so the "bad" guitarparts and clean solo are no longer there....

that was awesome!

Thanx! (or did you refer to the removal of the guitars in the first link) :mrgreen:
We're eager to go onstage, so there will be more recordings and moving pictures in the near future 8)

Cheerz!

Latest posts

Back