Stiletto mods -- Anyone done this?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackieTHEjokeman

Reaction score
Some guy selling his Stiletto on ebay said that he had some mods done to it at the Mesa store in Hollywood. He said this was done to it:
- Tite mode: Has more useable gain than before while retaining the original tone.
- Fluid mode: Improved smoothness and tightness of the bass response to remove the flubiness of the stock model.

Has anyone done this to their Stiletto? I'm thinking about doing it. I just wanted to see if it was a big improvement or not. Thanks.

The fluid mode would be pretty interesting since i consider the Stiletto a nice sounding amp....only just a bit DULLLL!

Im weary about the mods, theres other ways to get the same with out actually changing your amp, as i previously stated an eq works wonders for amps and also i have a tube screamer that makes everyamps sound so much better...

I agree. However, they are messing with the two settings that I don't care for. The Fluid Drive setting which really sucks, seriously. And the Tite Gain that is decent. If they mess up the Fluid Drive, I could care less. If they mess up the Tite Gain, I'd be bummed but I'll live....

Well i suggest getting a crappy eq and using that first...but the funny thing is, the people at music store claimed the fluid drive was the best...although i assume there probably dual recto freaks... I have found the fluid drive useful but given the fact that a classic rock or modern crunch guy as myself its probably gonna be the least used. As for tite gain, its a great channel if u can fully explore it...and squeeze some good tones...What exectly are u modding it for? more gain, and to remove flubiness....Remember there are SO many elements to sound from guitar pickups on down the line...i just hope u dont get a mod and come to realise it could of been avoided...I talked to bob at eurotubes and quoted me that his tubes could add 10% more gain with e34l's over the stock tubes, and also a tighter bass response...What is your cab? I have a trad. mesa recto and its got a tighter bottom end then my girlfriend...good look with your tone quest...

Latest posts

Back