Stiletto Dilemma

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Musicbox, that's pretty low of you to call me a jerk. Maybe you should go back to the ESP guitar forums, with the other teenagers, where they regularly "flame" other members who state their opinion. The author of this post asked for opinions and I gave it. For those who actually have read some of my postings around here, they know that I have actually tried to help out a lot of Stiletto owners with useful information. Check my sticky post at the top. You claim that you LOVE this amp, I guarantee you that I LOVE this amp every bit as much as you do. But, I only loved it AFTER I got my Hollywood mod. I have replaced the tubes with JJ's E34L's. That helped tremendously as well. And for all the claims of your "fingers" being able to make the tone, well I won't dispute that. I have been playing guitar for 17 years now and I admit, I am no Stevie Ray Vaughn. However, I think I would know if an amp sounds good when you play just a regular chord. Anyway, I'm done with this thread. Please don't respond back because I just don't care what you guys think. Over and out... :cry: :cry: :D :D :p :p

Bluesman said:
jackieTHEjokeman said:
And you can honestly tell me that you are 100% happy with it?
Hey Jackie, I own it and I F#$!ing love this amp. Remember that an amp ISNT going to make you play better. If you suck at playing guitar yes this amp is not worth the money, you will be better off buying a Marshall MG for a couple hundred bucks :)
I am not haten , just staten

Sorry, an inspiring amp WILL make you play better, as a crappy solid will not make you wanna play. With that said, sounds is in largepart the person with added variables...cables maybe, guitars for sure, amps yes, feeling etc

Bobbypols wrote:
Sorry, an inspiring amp WILL make you play better, as a crappy solid will not make you wanna play. With that said, sounds is in largepart the person with added variables...cables maybe, guitars for sure, amps yes, feeling etc

So what you are saying that if SRV played a generic strat with crappy cables and a cheap amp he would never have made it, or maybe if Dime used a knock off ML and a crate amp he would never have made it either.
I know that good gear is definately more fun to play, but
Come on man.... these guys could have played a 2x4 with 6 strings attached to a line and a can and still been inspired to play the way they did.

Latest posts

Back